Highlighted
AJ7778
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra air connection or lack of

Answered

Tablet says connected but can't access anything (from radio to weather) ?   Ive tried Signing in but always comes up maximum URL reached (whatever that means) ???   -  yet most of the time I can use Telstra air on my mobile ph though signal is only fair due to nearest hotspot being about a mile away (as the crow fly's)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AJ7778
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra air connection or lack of

Thankyou I'd say that's probably it as quite a few hotspots show up in wifiwifi which most are locked so I figured being in a complex they would be neighbours especially after I noticed on a train recently I had several new ones show up then disappeared when others in the carriage turned theirs off. Only thing puzzles me is why can my ph connect to whoever its connecting to and tablet won't , excuse my technical ignorance could be the ph has a stronger Ariel

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

You are probably connecting to one of your neighbours Telstra Air hot spots. WiFi would not work over 1 mile and some Telstra Broadband customers who have enabled Telstra Air modems will transmit the Telstra Air and Fon SSID.
There is a limit on the number of simultaneous connections you can make using your Telstra Air ID, I think it is three. There is also a limit on the number of simultaneous Telstra Air connections to these home Broadband Telstra Air hot spots due to the limited bandwidth. If your neighbours connection uses ADSL there might be a limit of on one Telstra Air connection which would explain why you are getting the error message if some one else is alreay connected to the hot spot.
AJ7778
Accepted Solution

Thankyou I'd say that's probably it as quite a few hotspots show up in wifiwifi which most are locked so I figured being in a complex they would be neighbours especially after I noticed on a train recently I had several new ones show up then disappeared when others in the carriage turned theirs off. Only thing puzzles me is why can my ph connect to whoever its connecting to and tablet won't , excuse my technical ignorance could be the ph has a stronger Ariel

It could be that the phone has better WiFi reception but if it was poor WiFi reception you would not get the log in screen loading in your browser on the Tablet. Have you turned off WiFi on your phone before trying to connect the Tablet?

AJ7778

Yes i do and makes no difference 

Not sure if this is of any importance but the difference with the phone when I tap on Telstra air it offer asks me to sign in before it connects whereas the tablet just says connected

The tablet should also ask to log in. What type of tablet do you have.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now