Baseintergrator
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra customer service falling apart, feels McDonalds.

Now don’t get me wrong, I understand there would be delays in Ordering a new in Demand product. But this is beyond a joke.

Firstly when I went only to do order the product for my business found my account has been setup as a consumer account but with a business plan, however due to previous issues with ID thieft, was requested to go I store and order it.

Was then told they couldn’t keep my plan on a business plan as was a consumer account, so walked out after warm discussions with their business representatives.

When I went to order online on 24/11 given an initial reference number which is actually useless, even online chat support had difficulty using it, went through account to find order. Waited 4 days 28/11 with no confirmation or order approval.

spoke via chat support got told will be updated in 3 - 5 days, 6 business days later 5/12, no reply.

Another chat sessiono. The 5/12 told order was approved and confirmation was due in 12 - 24 hrs. Now it’s the 10th and no order confirmation or notice nothing. 

Would expect this from a little company, not a major company, as a business if I do this to my customers I loose them. 

‘Unfortunately Telstra have the monopoly in my business area, for next 6 months at least and both optus and Vodafone have just announced new towers to fix the black spot in my business area.

Already switch NBN to optus with it due to be renewed in March 2-19 after 24 months with optus and no issues, will be considering at moving everything over if Telstra don’t get act in order. 

‘Might be a small business but with 5 mobiles devices, and 3 already out of contract, might be worth the fine and cancel this order before I get charged and walk away from Telstra completely.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra customer service falling apart, feels McDonalds.

I would suggest calling 132200 and say "disconnection" and speak to that team, advise them of the issue and that you are considering changing the service to Optus and see if they are able to assist with finding a suitable resolution for you.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more