CrowdSupport®
Raymondc
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra enhanced tablet

Hi. I have a Telstra Enhanced 10" tablet. It has a usb socket but apart from charging the tablet, the port doesn't do anything else. I would like to be able to transfer files from a USB memory stick to the tablet but it seems to be unresponsive. I have an adaptor cable with a type A Female on one end and minature plug to suit the tablet on the other but so far no response from any usb device that I plug in. Thanks to anyone who can help. Ray.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra enhanced tablet

I afraid there is no way of transferring files as all the Telstra branded smart Android devices' firmware does not support OTG.USB ports.

Raymondc

Hi cf4. Thanks for your reply. I guess that now I know there is not much I can do about it. One rather cumbersome way that I've used a couple of times is to remove the SD from the tablet, copy the files to it and put it back in, but it is not particularly convenient. Thanks again.

You can connect the tablet to a PC using the supplied USB power cable and copy files directly to the Tablets internal memory or SD card using File explore.

Raymondc

Hi cf4. Thanks for your reply from a few days ago. I have been partially successful in that I've been able to connect to a windows laptop, however when I tried to copy a short Mp4 video clip to the sd card in the laptop it refused to copy saying that the file was incompatible. Trying to copy the file to the tablet memory gave the same result. However, when I took the micro sd card out of the tablet and, using a USB card reader,  copied the same file to the card and then putting the card back into the tablet, the clip played perfectly well! Time to give up, I think!Smiley Happy

That is strange. Did you get the incompatible message on the PC when you tried to copy or on the Tablet when you tried to play the video?

Raymondc

Hi cf4. Thanks for your reply. The message was on the PC. not on the tablet. It didn't even get as far as copying the file to the SD in the tablet. As I said it's no big deal, I will just copy to the card out of the tablet when I want to transfer a file to the tablet. Thanks again for your help.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now