CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Melanie
Level 1: Cadet

Tracking prepaid usage on iPad

Answered
How do I track my data usage with iPad prepaid? My History is blank but I have used data and monetary amount. I spoke to 3 different people at Telstra and no one could help me. Third person put me on hold for so long I gave up and hung up. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tron
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Re: Tracking prepaid usage on iPad

try

• in your browser 

myprepaid.telstra.com

from your handset

or

myprepaid.telstra.com/ipad 

or

• type into your ipad browser (safari/chrome/firefox/opera) address bar 

m.bigpond.com

and there will be three tabs to select

HOME / WEB / MY

click on the MY tab and it will give you many choices to viewing your service details 

or

• perhaps a 3g/wifi data app from the app store to track usage 

or

• go to the SETTINGS on your device 

within the options of settings on the device can give you a sum of cellular data usage sent and recieved.  

or

• If the my account option was working on the www.telstra.com.au site you can/could create an account using your number attatched to the ipad prepaid sim. and user details.  

or 

• Call 1258880 press 2 for ipad/mobile broadband/wifi and when they ask you to say in a few words whats you need, say Data usage, or tech support, and then just ask the consultant if they could bring up your account and history to inform you on any specific issue or query in relation to your service. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am both a Telstra Customer and a Telstra Employee.
Some of my views may not represent Telstra and are my personal opinion only. I also participate in my own time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Tron
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

try

• in your browser 

myprepaid.telstra.com

from your handset

or

myprepaid.telstra.com/ipad 

or

• type into your ipad browser (safari/chrome/firefox/opera) address bar 

m.bigpond.com

and there will be three tabs to select

HOME / WEB / MY

click on the MY tab and it will give you many choices to viewing your service details 

or

• perhaps a 3g/wifi data app from the app store to track usage 

or

• go to the SETTINGS on your device 

within the options of settings on the device can give you a sum of cellular data usage sent and recieved.  

or

• If the my account option was working on the www.telstra.com.au site you can/could create an account using your number attatched to the ipad prepaid sim. and user details.  

or 

• Call 1258880 press 2 for ipad/mobile broadband/wifi and when they ask you to say in a few words whats you need, say Data usage, or tech support, and then just ask the consultant if they could bring up your account and history to inform you on any specific issue or query in relation to your service. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am both a Telstra Customer and a Telstra Employee.
Some of my views may not represent Telstra and are my personal opinion only. I also participate in my own time.
Melanie

Thanks Tron. None of the Telstra site options worked and I refuse to spend another 40 minutes on the phone with Telstra getting nowhere. I can track my data usage in settings but it only gives a total. I'm a new iPad user and would like to have a better idea of my usage patterns. I'll see if I can find the app you mentioned as it sounds like my only other option. Not very impressed with Telstra! This was a gift and I use iinet at home. They have much better customer service.
Keithjmorgan

ll good stuff except that the 125880 number only works from a Telstra phone
Keithjmorgan

Would not agree with your iinet comment - having spent 2 years waiting for ADSL 2 service from iinet gave up and transferred to Telstra. Changeover was extremely simple and fast. Now have ADSL2 service and it's costing me LESS per month. Well done Telstra !,
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

One more way to check your Pre-Paid usage from your iPad is via the Telstra 24x7 app available here on iTunes.

It will let you check your balance & also recharge your service. The same app is used for customers on a billed service and they are able to make payments, view current and pre bills and a few other things.

Im interested to hear what you think about it, so give check it out and let me know Smiley Happy

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ancwil

Sorry but this informaiton you gave is wrong. The Telstra 24x7 app does not show your use history. the My Usage option shows nothing but the balance remaining. The history tab on the mobile site (m.telstra.com) only says "There is no history available" and has done so for the nearly 2 years I have been buying iPad pre-paid packs. Is there any way that I can see my data usage history?

Some useful advice would be appreciated as nothing that has been suggested in the posts in this thread actually answers this question.

ancwil

julieleop

Yesterday my iPad usage stated $50.00. Today it states $0.00!! Why wouldn't it have had a updated usage amount that was left on the account??

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now