CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Using Telstra AIr with no SIm

Hi... this may be a weird and silly question but here goes. I work for a not for profit organisation. We are giving all our support workers a Samsung tablet to use for notes , learning, communication etc in the field. A lot of time, they will be connected to WiFi at services centers but sometimes and for some support workers, they will be out in the community and not have access to WiFi. Is it possible to connect all of them in some way to our telstra business account so that they can access Telstra air points even though they dont have individual accounts or phone numbers? Thanks heaps!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Using Telstra AIr with no SIm

It can be accessed if you have a Business Mobile account or Business Mobile Broadband account using the Telstra ID and password (which would be a business risk as you would have to give out details that would allow access to account info).

Not sure how many devices can connect concurrently to Telstra Air off a single Telstra ID.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Using Telstra AIr with no SIm

i am pretty sure unless it has changed that it was Initially 2 concurrent connections to air on one account. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit