Ceepee1
Level 1: Cadet

change email from POP to IMAP

Hi,

I manage all my Dad's IT. He is 82. After his desk top crashing we have just purchased an iPad Pro as he is already using an iPhone. I need to migrate his mail from POP to IMAP so it is easier for him to manage his email, including using folders on all his devices. 

Is there a simple way to do this that doesn't require ridiculous hours tied up on the phone or going to a technician to help.

regards

Cath

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: change email from POP to IMAP

Hey @Ceepee1,

If your dad's email is hosted on Windows Live (outlook.com), just setup the account on the iPad as MAPI.

It should work right away. IIRC, standard Bigpond email unly supports POP3.

You obviously know what you are doing, so  you shouldn't have any probs if he's already been migrated to Outlook.com

Good idea to do that, BTW.

If he hasn't been migrated,  open a Gmail or outlook account, and have it move all of his email from Bigpond to there, then use MAPI to control it all.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Ceepee1
Level 1: Cadet

Re: change email from POP to IMAP

Thanks for the information. I believe his account on his ancient desktop was windows live outlook. I will give it ok - not 100% sure what I am doing but nevertheless.

cheers,

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now