CrowdSupport®
Rippedoff5
Level 1: Cadet

crazy plans and samsung tablet .

telstra bloke talks me into a crazy plan as i'm waiting to get connected to re instate email that was suspended - for the third time . tells me that for an extra $1 and a change of plan i can get two tablets on low usage rates - 5 g plans . o.k so i bit the bait . signs me up .... courier drops off one samsung galaxy tab a . all good .. put on charge .. pull out card holder - sim and put card in without holder . not realising that they pop out to micro or nano size . this is bull .. look on you tube . common mistake according to samsung repair people . need to pop of screen and pull out. big job probably costly ...i'm stuffed . down to telstra shop they tell me the same . oh well wait for the second tablet . next delivery comes no tablet . just another sim . i'm confused off to the telstra shop tomorrow  the phillipines support tell me to go to telstra care and they can't help . no returns . . telstra shop says a cooling off period . rubbish . $502 paying out the device is all i can see on the telstra website . samsung gets an email for their lack of instruction manual . their answer is oh you can download the manual .... no wonder telstra is no longer contactable !!   all in the last few days ..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: crazy plans and samsung tablet .

I have never heard of anybody trying to force a SIM into a tablet without the tray before. Given that SIM trays have worked the same way with little to no modification for over a decade, it's a bit of a jaw dropper that anyone would even try it.

If you want to get it fixed, the cheapest and best way would be to go to a Samsung Kiosk. They could have it repaired and back to you in 48 hours.

And even if there was a cooling off period, the tablet would need to still be in the sealed box that it came in.

You can't expect a company to accept a return when you have damaged the device.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now