CrowdSupport®
mwb
Level 1: Cadet

german ipad 2 with "telstra pre-paid micro-sim for ipad" during vacation?

hi folks,

i'm a german who is going to stay in australia for 5 weeks in november/december (vacation) and i want to be online during this time. i have an ipad 2 which i bought in the german apple online store.

is it possible to use the "pre-paid micro-sim for ipad" (30 $ / 3 gb / 30 days) in a german ipad 2? are there any restrictions which can be annoying for a tourist, e.g. permanent address in australia, australian bank account/credit card, activation only possible with an existing internet connection, ...?

thanks in advance for your answers.

marc

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Xanarshas
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: german ipad 2 with "telstra pre-paid micro-sim for ipad" during vacation?

You won't have any difficulties in obtaining a Pre-Paid SIM card for your iPad.

All that the sales consultant will need is to sight your Passport, and to record an address that you will be using whilst in Australia (for example, the address of the hotel you are staying in will suffice).

Just be sure to take your iPad into the store with you so they can reactivate the iPad (if required). The whole process should take no longer than 5 minutes.

Enjoy your time in Australia, Marc. Hopefully this will make your trip a little less stressful Smiley Happy

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now