Highlighted
MarioB
Level 2: Rookie

iPad3 micro sim $30 starter seems to have run out of data after 6 days

Answered
I purchased a prepaid $30 micro SIM which included 3Gb of data for the first month. My iPad usage shows a total of almost 1Gb upload & download. I can't seem to find my data usage on my account page!. Checking my account it shows $0.02 cents credit of the original $30 and I still have 23 days left. Why cant I get onto the net, I should still have 2Gb remaining or am I missing something.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarioB
Accepted Solution

Re: iPad3 micro sim $30 starter seems to have run out of data after 6 days

Drat, Thanks for your reply. As my account was set up in store, I expected it to be correct so I decided to call 132200 and my issue appears to be resolved. It looks like the store set me up as Wireless BB instead of as an iPad. I now have mobile 3G access again and was assured I will have the 3Gb of data for the first month. I will then recharge for 365 days. Keep up the good work.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello MarioB,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics here in our Community.

Thanks for your post regarding monitoring your data usage for your pre-paid micro-SIM for your iPad.

Have you tried checking it through the iPad Telstra 24/7 iPad app? You may need to register for My Account first if you've not already done so.

Please keep us updated on how you are going with this and if you've been able to view your usage. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MarioB

You did not address the main issue. I am registered and I have accessed the Telstra 24/7 app. which does not show actual data usage only a monetary value of $0.02 cents. Accessing My prepaid account via the web it shows close to 1Gb when I add each entry from start the up date of 28/5/2012. As I said my $30 credit is now $0.02 cents. I still cannot access the Internet from the iPad and should have 2Gb remaining. I am now using wi-fi. I will have to go to the Telstra shop to enquire if I cannot clear up this issues here.
Level 22: Superhuman

Have you activated your Telstra Pre-Paid micro-SIM for Apple iPad per the instructions?

MarioB wrote:
My iPad usage shows a total of almost 1Gb upload & download. I can't seem to find my data usage on my account page!. Checking my account it shows $0.02 cents credit of the original $30 and I still have 23 days left. Why cant I get onto the net
I don't use a 3G-capable iPad myself, so I don't know what the customer/user would expect to see in the Telstra 24×7 app in that regard, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the figures of $0.02 and 1GB quoted correspond to the data rate and effective allowance for a $20 recharge, and not actual remaining credit and allowance.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
MarioB
Accepted Solution

Drat, Thanks for your reply. As my account was set up in store, I expected it to be correct so I decided to call 132200 and my issue appears to be resolved. It looks like the store set me up as Wireless BB instead of as an iPad. I now have mobile 3G access again and was assured I will have the 3Gb of data for the first month. I will then recharge for 365 days. Keep up the good work.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello again MarioB,

Thanks for your update and I'm sorry that my previous response may not have addressed the main issue you've raised.

As Drat metioned above, have you activated the micro-SIM as detailed here?

The reason we ask this is that we do have an alternate product that your micro-SIM was activated under.

The micro-SIM could have been activated as a Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband service which has different rates and hence the discrepancy in the details of your usage.

If you'd like to discuss this further and have this corrected, you can also chat to our 24/7 Telstra Pre-Paid Chat Team directly.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now