epic-fail
Level 1: Cadet

is customer service an option? seem your high prices does no cover it

Why do you get please to call you after placing an order and tell them to go in store they just need to do ID checks. is it just too waste our time getting everything together racing in there to get it done ASAP because you need it for work to just be told a straight no and cant tell me why.

Then just to waste more time send another email with Unfortunately, we can't authenticate the information you've provided through our online shop. If you'd like to place a new order, please visit your local Telstra store.

congrats on your great customer service successful gave someone a nervous breakdown and killed a 6 month old small startup business.

hope you got a kick out of it!!!

might want to rethink the business support and improvement people might get the wrong impression like your there to help or something.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 21: Augmented

Re: is customer service an option? seem your high prices does no cover it

@epic-fail wrote:

Why do you get please to call you after placing an order and tell them to go in store they just need to do ID checks. is it just too waste our time getting everything together racing in there to get it done ASAP because you need it for work to just be told a straight no and cant tell me why.

Then just to waste more time send another email with Unfortunately, we can't authenticate the information you've provided through our online shop. If you'd like to place a new order, please visit your local Telstra store.

congrats on your great customer service successful gave someone a nervous breakdown and killed a 6 month old small startup business.

hope you got a kick out of it!!!

might want to rethink the business support and improvement people might get the wrong impression like your there to help or something.

@epic-fail Sometimes ID checks have to be done in store. You can book a time that suits you at a store near you.

https://www.telstra.com.au/telstra-store/personal

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
epic-fail

I understand that and i have already wasted my time going into the store for the guy not to check my ID and just said he couldn't do the order and can't tell me why.
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

That just sounds like the person you saw was just being lazy. All the in store staff do is take a copy of your identification and link it to your account/order. The information is then checked against the government database for verification.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
epic-fail

seems to be a common theme with the people working yesterday. One point i was told on chat to to see if a store had a facebook page and message them on there as no one would answer the phone. Can not get one person to help they just want you use another form on contact thats not them, At least they don't make you explain was the issue is before they pass you off.

@epic-fail  Unfortunately, there are a small number of individuals that let the brand name down.

There needs to be regularly auditing of these stores where Telstra HQ rings in/calls in as a potential customer and see how things are handled. Then deal with those that are not up to scratch.

I would though, make an official complaint about that store so it can be looked into.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
epic-fail

ok will do thank you

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now