CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
PJB99
Level 1: Cadet

making phonre calls on Tablet after recharge

Answered

Hi. I have a prepaid sim in a Galaxy TabS2 and have credit and can receive calls but cannot make calls. Account has credit on it. What could be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: making phonre calls on Tablet after recharge

Hi there PJB, now I'll stand corrected on this, but you might find this is the case here.

You say you are using a pre-paid sim, is that a pre-paid Data sim?

In the terms and conditions for these sims, I see the following information:

IN AUSTRALIA: Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Data Passes can be used on Telstra Mobile Broadband devices or Telstra Pre-Paid SIM Starter Kits. Once you’ve used all your data, you can continue to use your recharge credit at the PAYG rate of $2/MB (charged per KB) in Australia. Recharge credit can be used on texts to standard Australian numbers, content charges and use while overseas charged at $3/MB (charged per KB or part thereof). Some usage is excluded, such as calls to standard Australian and International numbers, calls/texts to satellite numbers and premium numbers, operator assisted calls, MessageBank® retrieval and diverted calls. Unused recharge credit and data expires unless you recharge again before expiry

I'll stand corrected if the above isn't the case however.

But see if a different all functions sim solves the problem.

. Jeff

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: making phonre calls on Tablet after recharge

Hi there PJB, now I'll stand corrected on this, but you might find this is the case here.

You say you are using a pre-paid sim, is that a pre-paid Data sim?

In the terms and conditions for these sims, I see the following information:

IN AUSTRALIA: Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Data Passes can be used on Telstra Mobile Broadband devices or Telstra Pre-Paid SIM Starter Kits. Once you’ve used all your data, you can continue to use your recharge credit at the PAYG rate of $2/MB (charged per KB) in Australia. Recharge credit can be used on texts to standard Australian numbers, content charges and use while overseas charged at $3/MB (charged per KB or part thereof). Some usage is excluded, such as calls to standard Australian and International numbers, calls/texts to satellite numbers and premium numbers, operator assisted calls, MessageBank® retrieval and diverted calls. Unused recharge credit and data expires unless you recharge again before expiry

I'll stand corrected if the above isn't the case however.

But see if a different all functions sim solves the problem.

. Jeff

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now