perish
Level 2: Rookie

pls. help me....

Have had my tablet stolen have reported to police do i get a replacement or??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: pls. help me....

If it was a model that had a SIM in it (ie used the mobile network), call 132200 and get the service suspended.

Other than that, contact your insurance company and see if they will cover the loss (on a lot of policies you need to have specific coverage for portable devices).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SMorihashi
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: pls. help me....

Hi Perish,
You can request for a Replacement if your Tablet is under the plan that has Stay Connected.Stay Connected is a device back up plan that provides after sales service and protection for your mobile phone or tablet. Stay Connected includes an Exchange and Replacement Program for mobile phones or tablets and access to the Telstra StayConnected Application and a collection of features accessed from My Account, if youhave an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet.
You will know if you have stay connected because you will be charge $15 on the bill every month. If you dont have stay connected you wont be able to claim for a replacement for the lost tablet.
Or if you have your own insurance for your tablet, your insurance company will be the one to assist your claim.

For Stolen tablet or mobile you have to contact 132200 as soon as possible because Telstra Consultant can temporarily suspend the service which means the service can no longer incur data usage or use the sim card to Receive or make calls or to Receive or send SMS.They can also block your tablet. This means that your tablet can no longer be used, even if someone tries to put another SIM card in it from another carrier.

If you’re close to the end of your contract period, you may want to take the opportunity to upgrade your device and/or change to a different plan or offer (however you may be required to pay early termination charges). Your personalised information, including early termination charges, can be found in your My Account.

You can also find out more about our available plans and the latest mobile phones and tablets on this link https://www.telstra.com.au/?direct

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now