Highlighted
m_j_short
Level 6: Bloodhound

problem with Internet Access using SIM card (email and safari)

Answered

My iPad (9.7" Pro) seems to get locked out of its internet connection using the SIM card from time to time and I have to keep selecting Reset Network Settings, presumably to reset it, then the emails pour in and I get access to web pages. Alternatively, if I tether my phone, it's fine and if I go onto wifi at home it's fine

Email is Telstra mail (don't ask me about IMAP servers ffs) using the iOS Mail app. Web access is using the iOS Safari app.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening?

Thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
m_j_short
Accepted Solution

Re: problem with Internet Access using SIM card (email and safari)

New SIM card seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

problem with Internet Access using SIM card (email and safari)

Hi m j short
You might just need to pop into a telstra store and get yourself a new sim if its an off and on problem just to make sure its not the sim .They will give you a new one free of charge if you let them know you are haveing problems staying connected .You can also make sure there are no problems in your area with http://servicestatus.telstra.com/ just to make sure its not the service.Also do you still have the problem if you turn off WiFi completely when you try to use your sim?
m_j_short
Accepted Solution

Re: problem with Internet Access using SIM card (email and safari)

New SIM card seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now