CrowdSupport®
dermot
Level 2: Rookie

xoom 2 ics rom flash

I would like to know whether we can flash a different rom on these and still be covered under warranty for hardware. If we are just changing software why wouldn't hardware still be covered?
Anyway, are there any decent roms out there? I'm sick of waiting.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: xoom 2 ics rom flash

Hi Dermot,

Unfortunately modifying the ROM or Rooting the phone software is grounds for voiding the overall phone warranty.
Lathania

Thanks lathania. given that i'm about ready to throw it out i'm not so worried about warranty. does anyone know of a way to flash it to a higher android os? i barely use it because it is so buggy.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi dermot,

Not sure if you have seen the new Tablet updates page that lists when software updates for devices like the Xoom 2 are due out. It currently lists that ICS update for the Xoom 2 has completed its Telstra side of testing and now we are just waiting on Motorola who are planning to make it available to customers on 3rd of September.

So if you can wait just over a week you will be able to get the update Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

dermot

Thanks ben, you're a champ
dermot

Very happy_ update came through last night and seems very good. My bluetooth keyboard also works very well and so now i can use it like a small laptop.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now