Highlighted
trousers
Level 6: Bloodhound

24/7 app oh this is not good message

Answered

I downloaded Telstra 24/7app acouple of weeks ago on my Motorols xoom ipad and untill now it has been great 'but last night I attemped to open it by the shortcut on my ipad all  I can get is a message that says "oh no-this is not good send an error message".I can only get ont 24/7 now by google search. How do I fix this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: 24/7 app oh this is not good message

Hi there.

I'm still not 100% sure how the app opens following that path.  The link to crowdsupport links to the mobile web optimised version of the CrowdSupport Forum.  Really the only places you can launch the app are either from your device menu or the app store.

We will work on fixing the issue effecting tablet users such as yourself however as I mentioned if you can update your tablets software to version 4.x then you should no longer see this issue.  To do this you can go into settings then About followed by Software update.  This will go an check if you have an available software update.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

trousers
Accepted Solution

Hi dcrowell

Thanks for that info. My tablet only went to the app site from google a couple of times yesterday i don't know how. . However it is now only going to the Crowd support forum as you stated. I am currently downloading the latest software to my ipad. I will let you know how it goes . Thanks once again.

Terry

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 23: Superhero

Delete and reinstall?

Cheers,
Dave

trousers

Thanks Dave but I have already tried that still the same message.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there,

This is a strange one I can;t say that I am familiar with that error.  I am feeding this back to our Dev team and will come back to youe once I know more.

If you can send a screenshot of your issue it would be great.

Cheers

Duncan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

trousers

Hi Duncan

Would love to send a screen but don't know how to can you tell me?

trousers

Hi Duncan

This is exactly what the message says

!Oh no....this isn't good ;(

This message means that an error has occurred in the Telstra 24x7 app.

It would be really help if you would send us the error report. Its anonymous, and contains details of the error, device and the app configuration.

Click OK to send a report, or cancel if you don't want to send a report.

If you like, you can also inclide some comments

OK                                          Cancel

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there,

Thanks for that.

Yes this is the crash reporting messaging.  So it does mean something went wrong with the app.  I have had the team look into these reports (so thankyou if you were one of the people who have sent one.

It does appear that there is an issue occurring for tablet users who are running the Honeycomb Operating System on their device.  We are looking on to a fix now but if you are able to update your tablet operating system then the issue should disappear.  Otherwise please bear with us while we work through the issue.  While we do not specifically support the tablet experience(yet) we do try to ensure the app does not crash for these customers.

Out of interest what do you mean when you say "I can only get ont 24/7 now by google search"

Regards

Duncan

trousers

Hi Duncan
If I google Telstra 24x7 in the search results under related searches is "telstra 24 x 7 not working" click on that the crowd support website is listed click on that and the app opens. If I delete the app this does not work.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi there.

I'm still not 100% sure how the app opens following that path.  The link to crowdsupport links to the mobile web optimised version of the CrowdSupport Forum.  Really the only places you can launch the app are either from your device menu or the app store.

We will work on fixing the issue effecting tablet users such as yourself however as I mentioned if you can update your tablets software to version 4.x then you should no longer see this issue.  To do this you can go into settings then About followed by Software update.  This will go an check if you have an available software update.

trousers
Accepted Solution

Hi dcrowell

Thanks for that info. My tablet only went to the app site from google a couple of times yesterday i don't know how. . However it is now only going to the Crowd support forum as you stated. I am currently downloading the latest software to my ipad. I will let you know how it goes . Thanks once again.

Terry

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks Terry,

If this works and you feel that your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction please mark the solution by pressing on the "Accept as solution" button.  This will assit other users who are having similar issues find the answers they need.

Thanks for joining CrowdSupport and I hope that your issue is resolved once your update is complete.  Let us know how you go.

Cheers

trousers

Hi dcrowell
Download complete all working fine .Thanks very much.
Terry
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear Terry.If you could mark this as a solved thread it would be great. It will then appear in help and support searches for other users to find. If you are not sure how to do this I'd be happy to do it on your behalf.

Cheers

trousers

I have already done that clicked on Accept as Solution
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great thank you very much.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now