CrowdSupport®
AliQ
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Edit details on Telstra App

Hi,

The Telstra app on my iPhone still shows my old home phone number as a contact.

I tried to edit it, but it will not let me remove it.

We moved house last year and disconnected our land line so Telstra are aware that this number is no longer in use.

Any ideas please on how I can edit this ?

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Edit details on Telstra App

Hi AliQ,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If your old number is appearing in your contact details on the 24/7 app you should be able to edit this by clicking the edit button on the top right hand corner of the screen. This should then give the the option to edit all fields.

From what I can see the Home Phone option in contacts is an optional field that you should be able to remove.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AliQ

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, done that several times but my old number won’t go.
I’ve double checked to press edit, etc then save, but that number just won’t go !
Support Team
Support Team

Hi AliQ,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Have you tried editing this via My Account here https://tel.st/9sf7d?

If you are still unable to remove the number I would advise filling in our App feedback form here https://tel.st/h2wsu, this will go directly to the team managing the app and they will be able to advise.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
AliQ

Thank you, I tried that link, did not work.
So I tried to use the feedback form but that did not work either as my operation system does not show on the list, and it does not let you enter it manually, so I could not submit that form.
I’m using an iPad Air 2 and operating system is now 12.2, that’s the most current version.
Thank you.
Support Team
Support Team

Okay sure, can you login to your My Account online? Try here: https://tel.st/22sqn . The 24x7 App reflects the information on your My Account, alternatively chat with My Account support directly any time:   https://tel.st/4hr9b Smiley Happy

AliQ

Hi Cas-Ra,
Done that, still not worked.
I deleted the app and re installed, that did not work either.
Considering that this number was disconnected by Telstra last year, it’s poor that they don’t appear to update their records !
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @AliQ

Thanks for letting me know. 

Alternatively chat with My Account support directly any time:   https://tel.st/xuwzs;

Keep us updated on how you go.

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi AliQ,

I've had the same problem using the 24/7 App and the Telstra My Account for about 1 year now. 

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

After reading your post I tried it again and after receiving the sms from Telstra saying it's been updated, it still isn't.

I rang Telstra Pre-Paid (as I'm on Pre-Paid) on 1258880 this morning. 

My contact details are still showing the home phone number that's been disconnected for 2 year's.

The Telstra employee checked the home number and obviously it's disconnected.

She has removed it from my Contract Details now.

I'd suggest you ring Telstra on 132200 and ask them to remove it from your Contact Details at their end.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
AliQ

Hi Smiley3,

Many thanks for passing that on, good to know.

I think Telstra need to sort out their app though and fix the faults reported to them via this forum.

Kind regards.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now