Highlighted
JONOII
Level 2: Rookie

Error in Bigpond Movies & TV app on iOS "Playback Error onDrmWorkflowError"

Answered

I am receiving this error, (Playback Error onDrmWorkflowError) on my iPhone 6 plus and in my library the movies are marked as "Expired at 10:00am, Thursday 01 Jan. 1970". I removed the BigPond movies app and reinstalled and still get the same error. I have paid to rent a movie which must be watched within 48 hrs now down to 24hrs and cant watch it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Error in Bigpond Movies & TV app on iOS "Playback Error onDrmWorkflowError"

Hi VictorPerton,

I do apologise, if the team are not able to provide you with a date or they are still unsure as to why these issues are occurring.

I would recommend reporting these issues to our BigPond Movies team on 1800 502 502 and they can investigate further for you.

Operating hours:

Monday - Friday 
9:30am - 11pm AEST

Saturday 
11am - 11pm AEST

Sunday 
12pm - 10pm AEST

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Mcampbell

I am also getting the same error message and have deleted the app and reinstalled still
No joy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi JONOII,

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing ongoing issues with the Bigpond Movies & TV app. 

When you are playing the movie within the app, is the video being played through the app or is it giving you a voice of media player?

Whilst this issue is being resolved you can watch the movie through the Bigpond Movies web page here Bigpond Movies

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Mcampbell

Hi Jarrod, it won't let you choose the media player it just shows a message that movie must be played through the app and you are asked to open the App Store
Mcampbell

This ridiculous i have just tried to watch the movie on my laptop and I am now getting an error message saying I don't have a valid token
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I would recommend having a chat with our Technical Support teams on 133 933 to have this issue investigated, please mention that you have purchased a movie that you are unable to watch.

JONOII

Hi JarredD, it attemps to start the video then the Playback Error onDrmWorkflowError appears almost immeadiately.

Tara5
Level 1: Cadet

I am receiving the same error. Has anyone had this resolved yet?
VictorPerton

Telstra Service gave me excuse for "Playback Error onDrmWorkflowError" in Bigpond Movies iOS app

I spoke to Telstra service.  

The reason given for the error message on the IOS App was that "Telstra is migrating its BigPond movie services to a new server".  

The lady said that it would be complete sometime after Christmas.  She was unaware as to the technical reason as to why the IOS App would not be working but c'est la vie!  

I don't know why migration would take a month.

The Telstra Teamleader has promised to ring me when the problem is resolved and my IOS App should be working.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi VictorPerton,

I do apologise, if the team are not able to provide you with a date or they are still unsure as to why these issues are occurring.

I would recommend reporting these issues to our BigPond Movies team on 1800 502 502 and they can investigate further for you.

Operating hours:

Monday - Friday 
9:30am - 11pm AEST

Saturday 
11am - 11pm AEST

Sunday 
12pm - 10pm AEST

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance. 

techglitches

It's Jan 2017 I am a new customer and I am receiving the same error. Something else is at play here.
The FAQs in the app mention at the bottom that Telstra are not licensed to rent or buy in iOS??? So how is my iOS device supposed to play the movie anyhow???
mmnjxo

I have just redeemed my bigpond movie credit from Telstra offers after purchasing an iPhone!
I have just rented a movie and I am getting the same error message!
When is this going to be fixed?????
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Techglitches and Mmnjxo

As this appears to be an issue with the licencing, I would recommend 

To have this looked into, please speak to our BigPond Movies Team by calling 1800502502 (available 11am to 10pm daily) or you can also contact them via help@bigpondmovies.com 

-    Lindy 

erock

Just Tried Calling the 1800 number. Dont wast your time the only human beings at Testra are hiding in a cupbord somewhere avoiding some responsibility. 30mins just adds

teschipke

Same error here.

Would the Telstra reps stop saying 'please call...' 

Nobody wants to call Telstra. Ever. Period. It's utterly pointless, for one, and frustrating as hell. It's literally the worst experience an entitled western-civilized person can go through (that's not sarcasm by the way - just pre-parrying any 'you could be in syria' remarks - which I agree with - but that's not the point.)

When you push the tech support off their script hard enough, they'll simply lie with some unfathomable excuse that any tech-savvy person would realize is total bull**bleep**.

That's why we come to this forum - to confirm that everybody is experiencing the same issue, it's not in fact the users fault, and that there's essentially nothing we can do reaffirming, again, that we all just got ripped off by spending money on an item that Telstra can't deliver. 

Cheers.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Teschipke, 

If you are unhappy to call, you can also provide feedback and ask for assistance via help@bigpondmovies.com.au

Kind Regards 

Tea-for-Me

did you get this resolved? as I have the same error message.

micheal98989

Recently I have faced this error. So, I shifted myself to another excellent Android application named Terrarium TV. You can download it from http://terrariumtvappdownload.com

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now