CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
NASCAR2448
Level 1: Cadet

Increasing vulgar e mails I can't stop them

Answered

I get vulgar e mails and when I go to unsubscribe ( even though I never subscribed to them in the first place, I have to submit me email address. I get a message that this was successful, however they still keep coming and are increasing.  I feel like stopping my use of Internet altogether, I want this to stop.i am an elderly lady, and do not want dating information, **bleep** enhancement, or to have any kind of sexual conversations or pictures. Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Increasing vulgar e mails I can't stop them

Sadly with this type of spam the only real way is to change the email address as what you may effectively done is confirm you address to be sold on to other dodgy folk.

May be best to setup up a new email address with say google or hotmail and remove/ignore the current email address. Assume youve used your primary address and not setup a secondary hence the above suggestion. 

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Sadly with this type of spam the only real way is to change the email address as what you may effectively done is confirm you address to be sold on to other dodgy folk.

May be best to setup up a new email address with say google or hotmail and remove/ignore the current email address. Assume youve used your primary address and not setup a secondary hence the above suggestion. 

Cheers,
Dave

paulparker
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Just mark them as JUNK, so they are filtered away from your inbox.

Check your junk once a week,  #1 is to be sure no one you want accidentally placed there, then #2 to delete those there

Australian Incorporated Companies  mostly honor the unsubscribe.

Many overseas senders do not,  many appear use your UNSUBSCRIBE  to add your details to their databases, or sell them to others. 

Every dawn is a brand new year...

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now