CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Unhappym
Level 1: Cadet

Is anyone finding the 24x7 App is useless, or is it just me?

I had a problem with my internet speed and checked it through the telstra system online, which told me quote:"Our testing is indicating that the connection between nbn and your premise may not be meeting the range expected for your plan and requires further troubleshooting." A 1800 number was provided, which I called, and then waited on the line for 2 hours expecting someone to answer. I eventually hung up.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Is anyone finding the 24x7 App is useless, or is it just me?

Was the number that you called 1800 834 273? It definitely shouldn't take 4 hours to get answered.

You can also report the problem via Livechat.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Unhappym
Level 1: Cadet

1800 834 273 was the number. I called back a couple of hours later and was answered after a couple of minutes. The guy got me to go through the usual routine of rebooting etc, and the first speed test showed 42mbps, which was higher than I had been getting so I thought situation was resolved. I thanked the guy and hung up. The next speed test I did wasn't so great (between 25mbps and 35) and the message about "not be meeting the range expected for your plan" is still there. I have submitted a complaint but no reply as yet.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Unhappym, 

Thanks for the reply and I can understand the concerns. There may not be an issue with the connection if tests have been done and confirmed this is set up correctly. Tests will vary from different times of the day and how the test is done. Congestion at peak times will also change the speed test results. A drop in 7mbps won't always indicate there is a connection issue. This link will give details on NBN speeds:

https://tel.st/nzx9a

Be best to also try some troubleshooting steps here https://tel.st/c4y9x which may help increase speeds dueing those times. Or our team on the number will check the connection is set up correctly. We may need to arrange a tech visit or pass on work to NBN.

A complaint will take 2 to 5 business days for a callback who can also arrange a tech visit if this is still needed. Let us know what your complaint case manager advises too. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now