CrowdSupport®
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Is the Telstra 24x7 App for Android constantly logging you out on Jellybean OS?

Is the Telstra 24x7TM App for Android constantly logging you out of your Telstra 24x7 TM My Account? Are you on Jellybean 4.2 OS? You may be one of a few people experiencing a known issue which is believed to be due to a change in the cryptography features in the latest and greatest Android OS.

Google has made changes to the Android OS which is impacting customers using the Telstra 24x7 TM App for Android.  We are working on a fix which we will include in our next release of the app, which is coming very soon.

In the meantime you can either use the app without your Telstra 24x7 TM My Account (you can still check the usage of the service you are on) and when you need to check your other services, pay bills etc you can logon to your Telstra 24x7 TM My Account through the Settings menu.

If you are experiencing persistent logout issues and not running android 4.2 please leave a post here and we will contact you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
No_Underscore
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Is the Telstra 24x7 App for Android constantly logging you out on Jellybean OS?

Cheers for keeping us informed and stopping us from pulling out our hair!!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Is the Telstra 24x7 App for Android constantly logging you out on Jellybean OS?

Thanks for your response.  Always good to know our customers are reading these things and taking it on board.

Cheers

Duncan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 17: Bureau Chief

@dcrowell wrote: 

If you are experiencing persistent logout issues and not running android 4.2 please leave a post here and we will contact you.

Galaxy S2, Android 4.2.1. I have the issue too, didn't even realise until now (I only use the app maybe once a week), so forgot I logged in (and assume that I must of logged out).

Good to know you're on top of it.

PeterAdams

Hi is there any update for this issue ?

Thanks
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Peter,

We are finalising the details and Quality testing for the next release you will see it available in the coming weeks (around mid Feb).  This release will address the cryptography changes implemented in 4.2 OS.

I will post here again in addition to the release post once the new version is available.

Kind Regards

Duncan

PeterAdams

OK thanks

Iman_Oldie
Level 4: Private Eye

I'm running Jellybean 4.4.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and get logged out of Telstra 24x7 quite often.
I look at one of my three offers and when I return to the account screen it opens that offer again and logs me out.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Iman_Oldie

Just wanted to confirm - are you using the Telstra Treats app, or the Telstra 24x7 app? You've mentioned that you're opening one of three offers which makes it sound like you're in the Telstra Treats app. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Foghorn1
Level 1: Cadet

HI,I have an HTC Desire 820 and I am experienceing the same log out issue with the 24x7 app. the phone is running Android 4.4.4 can anyone help.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Foghorn1

If you have a chat with our Mobile Assurance team on 13 22 00, they'll go through some troubleshooting with you and if they can't resolve the issue, they'll have reports sent to our app team so that a fix can be arranged for a future version of the app

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Iman_Oldie
Level 4: Private Eye

I'm using the Telstra 24x7 app.
I've never heard of the Treats app.
Note this happens when I change focus to another screen, usually Home and return to the Telstra 24x7 app. It logs me out and leaves just my Freedom Plus offer showing. I also have a prepaid broadband offer.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for that. 

As I mentioned above, we'd recommend speaking with our Mobile Assurance team on 13 22 00, they'll go through some troubleshooting with you and can send through reports about problems they can't fix to have them addressed in future updates.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now