CrowdSupport®
Silver2908
Level 2: Rookie

Kayo Telstra offer

Even though I’m a gold member and have been offered Kayo for 3 months free. When I try and activate it tells me there are no offers associated. I have contacted a chat line and they could not help. I have visited the Telstra shop in the city they could not help. I have subscribed and the only option was to pay via iTunes. There appears no contact number to discuss with any one. On the rules about getting a credit for Kayo there’s is no mention how you get the credit. Absolutely frustrated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Kayo Telstra offer

Hi Silver, 

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear of the frustration with getting your Kayo subscription. You arrange this via My Offers here: https://tel.st/ubbb3. If you had joined this via iTunes you may need to cancel this to set up the offer. We won't be able to refund iTunes charges as it's not linked to Telstra sorry. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Silver2908

Hi, a couple of things: you don’t explain why the offer doesn’t work. Secondly, you have redirected me to an offer of 14 days of which I already have now. The offer via the Telstra Plus app was for 3 months?

it really goes from bad to worse?

Support Team
Support Team

What was the error with redeeming the offer via the Telstra 24/7 app? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Silver2908

I get it within the app and online. Whether i follow the link in the email or within the app.

Support Team
Support Team

Sorry for any frustration caused Silver2908. You will only be able to take up the offer if it's shown in the 24/7 app under My Offers. This may have been a limited offer and is no longer available. If you are looking at using the trail available, it would be best to cancel your current subscription via iTunes and set this up again through the app. 

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Silver2908 It maybe like the Foxtel offers? That once you have redeemed a previous offer you can't get the new offer unless you use a different email address.

I'm not sure if Kayo works the same way?

I've never seen a 3 month offer for Kayo either, so that is a good one to get :-)

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
bkp
Level 1: Cadet

Iain, thanks for your reply but the offer was clear as below - pretty poor if withdrawn before it has even started !

Exciting news for sports-loving Silver members. Kayo is now part of the Telstra Plus program. Stream over 50 sports, live and on demand for 1 month, on us. Cancel your Kayo subscription before the end of your credit period to avoid on-going subscription charges. Activate by 17 December 2019.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey bhp,

This is still showing as an offer within my Telstra Plus Subscription so should be available for you to select as well. Are you able to have the offers accessed via the My Account service at 

https://tel.st/23d77

Silver2908

Telstra it really goes from bad to worse.

I'm a Gold Tier member with close to 10,000 points. I pass all he criteria.

No matter which offer you say I'm eligible for I get the message below.

There is something fundamentally wrong with your system FIX IT!!!!!

Sorry
Unfortunately, you have no offers associated with your Telstra ID.

Try to log in with another Telstra ID or link your accounts & services.

To link your accounts & services, access Telstra 24x7 My Account under account settings. Once you have added a service to your Telstra ID, please login again.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Silver2908,

If this is the case and you haven't been able to have this resolved with the Billing team then I would recommend having this raised as an official complaint to ensure we have every avenue checked to see why this is having issues. This can be raised via our se3cure form at 

https://tel.st/m5qw2

bkp

The offer is not visible on my side so I get the same error as outlined by Silver2908...

bkp

So I proceeded to report this as a complaint and 4 weeks later they still haven't been able to fix it despite multiple follow ups from my side. This is a classic stuff up - marketing over promising something that cannot be delivered. Worst experience with Telstra in 10 years !! The alternatives are looking very appealing...

Support Team
Support Team

Really sorry to hear that, bkp. Do you have the 'SR' reference number for that complaint handy? - Matthew. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now