Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Mobile Phone Apps bugging me, windows phone issues

Answered

So Android and Windows phone suggest they are for x86 x64 and ARM architectures BUT there not..

When is an ARM based device not an ARM recognised device - when it is a nokia lumia 830 -Cortex A7 ARM (windows 8.1 and/or win10 upgraded). - unless the app is architecture free it wont work/download on this phone.

the lack of ability to use apps i need requires me to look towards a different phone type.

so for all the knowledgable Android lovers out there,

- what is an actual fully recognised Android Phone for all apps?

- does an android phone still allow for a locallised calender (ie non sync'd, on phone only)?

- stil have a notepad/ sticky note function that doesnt require you to be logged in 24/7 (hello win10 onenote)?

anyone know know if Sailfish or Mozilla phones are available here?  work here? what are they like?

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Phone Apps bugging me, windows phone issues

Most new phones are compatible with most apps (until the phone gets too old, or the apps stop getting supported by their developer)

- does an android phone still allow for a locallised calender (ie non sync'd, on phone only)?

I use S Planner on my Galaxy S6 and it allows for a local non-synce'd calendar as well as connection to any number of different shared calendars)

- stil have a notepad/ sticky note function that doesnt require you to be logged in 24/7 (hello win10 onenote)?

Yep, just use the built in Memo app

anyone know know if Sailfish or Mozilla phones are available here?  work here? what are they like?

Haven't seen any

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Most new phones are compatible with most apps (until the phone gets too old, or the apps stop getting supported by their developer)

I use S Planner on my Galaxy S6 and it allows for a local non-synce'd calendar as well as connection to any number of different shared calendars)

Yep, just use the built in Memo app

Haven't seen any

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being

Mozilla discontinued any dedicated handsets and now only release the OS as a file which can be flashed to certain handsets.

The Jolla Sailfish will only work has limited bands that it is compatible with that are used here, so its reception, particularly in regional areas will likely be on the poorer side.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 21: Augmented

Im a lil iffy on samsung devices after their TV thing awhile back lol.... ill try and wait out the next 6 months of my contract before swapping but alot will dpend on what happens on the calender
Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs

I have a friend who uses Offline Calendar and says it is good for what it sounds like you want.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sufficientlysecure.localcalendar

It is pretty basic so will work on A2.2 and above, so seems to be pretty easy going.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now