CrowdSupport®
Ron1953
Level 3: Gumshoe

Premium Service no longer available

Answered

My wifes mobile no longer allows her to ring 19777077 (Sunrise Cash Cow). Instead we get an automated message that this "premium service is no longer available". She has always been able to do this in the past on the same phone and same Telstra plan. Can you help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Premium Service no longer available

Hi Ron1953,

Entry by ringing 19777077 for the Channel 7 Cash Cow stopped month's ago.

The host's of the Sunrise show, Sam and Kochie said it was out of their control that this happened. 

Your wife can still enter by sending an sms to 19777077 with the codeword, her full name, address and contact phone number.

This is how I enter the competition.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ron1953
Accepted Solution

It was the 1902 number that was the problem for my wife Jupiter - I quoted the SMS number by mistake (all brought about by my wife not being home with her phone when I made the crowdsupport entry). All sorted now cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

Hi Ron1953,

Entry by ringing 19777077 for the Channel 7 Cash Cow stopped month's ago.

The host's of the Sunrise show, Sam and Kochie said it was out of their control that this happened. 

Your wife can still enter by sending an sms to 19777077 with the codeword, her full name, address and contact phone number.

This is how I enter the competition.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Ron1953

cheers Smiley3

You're welcomeSmiley Happy

hope you're wife get's a winning call from them, I'm still waiting for my callSmiley Wink

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You could never call the 19777077 number. That has always been the SMS number.

The phone number was a 1902 number and these numbers were removed from service on the 30th September 2019 (due to abuse of the service by a number of companies - which is why we can't have nice things like 3rd party billing anymore).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Ooops, I forgot it was a 1902 number to ring.... I've always entered via sms, I've never rung to enter.

I have noticed (and also family member's) that around the last 3 week's there's been a delay in receiving the confirmation of entry message when entering the Channel 7 Cash Cow and the Channel 9 Mega Monday Cash competitions.

2.16am yesterday I received my message for my Mega Cash entry....not impressed.

The Cash cow reply message can take up to 24 hour's to receive.

Another annoying thing is that the 55cent charge doesn't come out of our Account until the reply message is received.

With the Cash Cow competition, the entry has to be made by 4.30pm AEDT, therefore I think my entry is not in the draw that I was trying to enter.

I've spoken to both Ansible and Mercury that handle these entries.

They both say it's Telstra's fault.

I spoke to a Telstra employee in Adelaide yesterday, he was relaying to me what the Technical Team were telling him.

Telstra say that it's not their fault. Telstra can see on their system when I send and receive an sms, and none of my sms's are showing up red, as in failed.

I'll have to ring the 2 company's again when I have time to receive a callback from them, as it's a call centre worker that you originally speak to and they pass the message onSmiley Sad 

Ron1953

It was the 1902 number that was the problem for my wife Smiley3 - I quoted the SMS number by mistake (all brought about by my wife not being home with her phone when I made the crowdsupport entry). All sorted now cheers.

Highlighted
Ron1953
Accepted Solution

It was the 1902 number that was the problem for my wife Jupiter - I quoted the SMS number by mistake (all brought about by my wife not being home with her phone when I made the crowdsupport entry). All sorted now cheers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now