CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
darylcheshire
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra 24 x 7 requires me to finish my profile

Telstra 24 x 7 requires me to finish my profile and this means I have to do the face recognition and set up automatic payment.

I don’t want to do either of these things.

What are my options now?

If I don’t comply will I get nagged about the incomplete profile?

Not only that it advertised an iphone. This should not happen on the highly recommended portal app to Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra 24 x 7 requires me to finish my profile

You don't have to set up Fingerprint login (or Face recognition, although I haven't seen that option come up myself) or Automatic Payment Options.

There is an ad bar at the top of the page (which is not unusual - Telstra gets to advertise on its own app), it's not going anywhere and you don't have to pay attention to it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra 24 x 7 requires me to finish my profile

Hi darylcheshire,

I haven't completed my Profile in the 24/7 App.

It's showing me to set up Fingerprint and Enable Location Services.

In the Profile section of the App, If you scroll down to and press on the heading "Notifications" you can toggle off the "Profile Notifications"- Get reminders to complete your Profile.

Although my toggle is off, I still see that my Profile is not complete, that I have to set up Fingerprint and Enable Location Services, I just ignore it. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit