CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ColinDL
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra 24X7 not working on Android

Answered

I'm not sure when this happened, but recently at least.  I have a Samsung 4SMini with Android 4.2.2 - when I check the 24X7 widget for data usage I get the message Wifi needs to be turned off.  I turn off Wifi, but the 24X7 app continues to tell me that Wifi is still on.  Also, it's not necessary to log in to 24X7 if you have a Telstra sim in the phone, which I do, but it still will not work or show me my data usage.

Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it, apart of course logging in to a Telstra account, which becomes a problem in itself, and I didn't have to do that in the past to see my download usage.

Just upgraded to Android 4.4.2 this morning & the problem still exists.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 24X7 not working on Android

Good morning Colin,

I'm using that Android App with a Note 4 Edge, Note 3 and Galaxy 3 4G  and also have had initial issues.

Since it was changed a few weeks ago, there have been lots of complaints.

Please try this.    It has worked for me, and this method often works  when all else fails!

Uninstall the app

Switch your phone off and remove the battery for 3 to 5 mins

Switch your phone back on and download and reinstall the app again, totally fresh  (Do not open the app  yet)

Switch your phone off and remove the battery for about 3 minutes this time

Switch your phone on and see if the issues are still there.

Please post again after you have done that.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Professor Phone

I'm not a Telstra employee.  I have been a mobile subscriber since 1963.

If my advice has been helpful, a Kudo  "tick"    would be most appreciated.

If my advice has solved your problem, please also mark it as a Solution

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
ColinDL
Accepted Solution

Hi Prof,

Tried all as you suggested without success. Kept playing with the app and somehow discovered a  switch that had been turned off called Smart network switch  which is available through Settings/wifi.  Turning that on solves the problem, but I turned off Mobile Data just to ensure the phone didn't automatically switchfrom wifi to mobile data - doing that just disabled the switch but still turned switch on.

I have no idea how the Smart network switch got turned off inthe first place.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Colin

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Good morning Colin,

I'm using that Android App with a Note 4 Edge, Note 3 and Galaxy 3 4G  and also have had initial issues.

Since it was changed a few weeks ago, there have been lots of complaints.

Please try this.    It has worked for me, and this method often works  when all else fails!

Uninstall the app

Switch your phone off and remove the battery for 3 to 5 mins

Switch your phone back on and download and reinstall the app again, totally fresh  (Do not open the app  yet)

Switch your phone off and remove the battery for about 3 minutes this time

Switch your phone on and see if the issues are still there.

Please post again after you have done that.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Professor Phone

I'm not a Telstra employee.  I have been a mobile subscriber since 1963.

If my advice has been helpful, a Kudo  "tick"    would be most appreciated.

If my advice has solved your problem, please also mark it as a Solution

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
ColinDL
Accepted Solution

Hi Prof,

Tried all as you suggested without success. Kept playing with the app and somehow discovered a  switch that had been turned off called Smart network switch  which is available through Settings/wifi.  Turning that on solves the problem, but I turned off Mobile Data just to ensure the phone didn't automatically switchfrom wifi to mobile data - doing that just disabled the switch but still turned switch on.

I have no idea how the Smart network switch got turned off inthe first place.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Colin

Mick_AU
Level 1: Cadet

You've been a mobile subscribee since 1963. I hope this was tounge in cheek.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now