CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
pato
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 24x7 App for Android - Widget doesn't update!

Answered

The latest version of the 24x7 app for Android (5.0.0) has an issue with the homescreen widget.  When first placing the widget on the homescreen account info is displayed.  When an update is attempted (either manually or automatically), an error, "Unable to display your usage details at this time. Please try again in a few minutes." is displayed.

Removing and readding the widget allows the balance to be displayed, but once fails again after a refresh.

I'm a prepay user on a Nexus 5 running Kit Kat 4.4.2.  There's only my prepay account configured in the 24x7 app.  I've tried reinstalling the app and this did not resolve the issue.  There's a couple of reviews in the play store that suggest that this might be an issue specific to Nexus 5 devices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 24x7 App for Android - Widget doesn't update!

Hi Guys,

I can confirm the app is now appearing in Google Play.  Please check it out and let us know how you go.  

Cheers

DC

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Pato,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to CrowdSupport.

We have literally just launched a fix to address this to Google Play. It may take some time to appear however it is on its way.Please update to 5.0.1 once available and let us know if you continue to face issues.

DC

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

machunter46
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I will keep looking for the update to be available.  I have the same problem with my Post Paid Business Account and a Samsung Galaxy 3/4g

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Guys,

I can confirm the app is now appearing in Google Play.  Please check it out and let us know how you go.  

Cheers

DC

pato
Level 1: Cadet

You guys are swift!  The 5.0.1 update indeed resolves the issues I was having with the widget not updating.  Thanks!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the confirmation Pato Smiley Happy

We try to jump on these things as soon as possible but it is the conversations you guys start here on CrowdSupport that really allows us to resolve these things quickly.

Please continue to chat to us here if you see anything else.

Cheers

DC

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now