Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Telstra 24x7 App for iPad launched

We have launched our new 24x7 App for iPad. The App is a convenient way to help you stay in control of your Telstra accounts and services on your iPad while on the go.

With the app you can: 

- Securely and easily access all your active services linked to your My Account

- If you’re on a mobile plan or select BigPond® broadband plan, keep tabs on your usage

- View up to 8 months bill summary information

- Click through the App to pay a bill online

- Locate your nearest Telstra store

- Raise queries and chat to us 

Click here to download the Telstra 24x7 iPad App from the iTunes store, if you have any question of suggestions let us know below.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
32 REPLIES 32
billythekid
Level 8: Inspector

Re: Telstra 24x7 App for iPad launched

I have installed the 24/7 app and is excellent but it still shows my old prepaid iPad account which I changed to postpaid on dec 30.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Check out this video on our new 24x7 iPad app...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

heya Billy,

Its great to hear that you are loving the new Ipad Telstra Application. 

It sounds like your old prepaid Ipad and your new Ipad account are on a separate account profile, 

I would be really happy to work with you to get this one sorted out, so will be sending you a Private Message with details on how you can make contact with me. 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon 

Lindy, Social Media Team Adelaide

Telstra Digital Sales and Service 

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Lindy wrote:

heya Billy,

Its great to hear that you are loving the new Ipad Telstra Application. 

It sounds like your old prepaid Ipad and your new Ipad account are on a separate account profile, 

I would be really happy to work with you to get this one sorted out, so will be sending you a Private Message with details on how you can make contact with me. 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon 

Lindy, Social Media Team Adelaide

Telstra Digital Sales and Service 

Hey Lindy....

Me too? Need to get my Pre-Paid iPad to show up on there as well

For the Developers, its a good 1.0. I would like to see more self service where possible, including the ability to add or remove products or services (ie: Messagebank Plus or change Diversions remotely).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Beau
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for this - I'm in love. Completely blown away with the app. :-)

Some things I'd love to see:

- Different coloured themes. I'd love to get out my rainbow colours :-)

- Ability to hide services on the account.
I originally had an (prepaid) iPad on my account which later went to my mother. Can't lose this off my account without losing the credit on there (and it's halfway through a 365 day recharge!).
Would love to opt to hide this from my account.

- Ability to rename services
I myself have a handful of Telstra services; iPhone, iPad, etc. I'd love to be able to rename these inside the app so I don't have to remember what phone number my iPad is etc.

- Built in web browser for CrowdSupport/Facebook etc.
C'mon. Kicking me out to Safari is clunky!

- Push notifications.
I'd love reminders etc when my bill is almost due, due, overdue etc. :-)
This would also be great for usage across services.
'iPad is at 80% of data usage'.
'iPhone has used $800 of $850 call allowance'

Apart from that, love it!
Can't wait for next update and perhaps an iPhone version soon.

Cheers,
Beau
Ben_F

I've been using the iPhone Beta, on that note will there be any further beta updates for the iPhone? Last one I got was December 19, and it does crash more and more now with 5.1 Smiley Sad

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ben,

We've been focusing on getting the iPad add up on the store, but we should get a new build of the iPhone app out to our loyal beta testers in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Luke
Ben_F

@Luke_M wrote:
Hi Ben,

We've been focusing on getting the iPad add up on the store, but we should get a new build of the iPhone app out to our loyal beta testers in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Luke

Good show. As has already been mentioned, an iPad version of CrowdSupport (doesn't need to have HTML, just needs to work with paragraphs) would be great Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

MoneyPenny
Level 1: Cadet

Hello

I am having trouble using this app, which I downloaded a couple of days ago.

According to the pop-up message, my ipad sim/service is not being detected. This is the case no matter how many times I retry (and yes I've turned off WIFI, and have good, but not great, 3G reception). I am on a 12 month prepaid ipad sim card.

FWIW I'm also having trouble connecting to My Account using the internet on my ipad. I keep getting "Forbidden...Your client is not allowed to access the requested object". This has only been a problem in the last few weeks - before then I could connect to Mt Account easily.

All I want to do is check my usage and the expiry date for my prepaid quota!!

Can you please explain why my service is not being detected?

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@MoneyPenny wrote:

Hello

I am having trouble using this app, which I downloaded a couple of days ago.

According to the pop-up message, my ipad sim/service is not being detected. This is the case no matter how many times I retry (and yes I've turned off WIFI, and have good, but not great, 3G reception). I am on a 12 month prepaid ipad sim card.

FWIW I'm also having trouble connecting to My Account using the internet on my ipad. I keep getting "Forbidden...Your client is not allowed to access the requested object". This has only been a problem in the last few weeks - before then I could connect to Mt Account easily.

All I want to do is check my usage and the expiry date for my prepaid quota!!

Can you please explain why my service is not being detected?

Thanks

Hi MoneyPenny,

Sorry that you are having issues with accessing the Telstra 24x7 app, as well as My Account.

If you could please send through your My Account username to DigitalCustomerCircle@team.telstra.com I will get our dedicated team to take a look at this for you.

Regards,
Luke

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Beau wrote:
Thanks for this - I'm in love. Completely blown away with the app. :-)

<snip>

Can't wait for next update and perhaps an iPhone version soon.

Cheers,
Beau

Hi Beau,

Great feedback, please keep it coming. 

We really appreciate it when our customers provide feedback on our apps and we listen to every single post.

The iPhone app isn't too far away now. Our loyal CrowdSupport users will be amongst the first to know as soon as it hits the App Store. Stay tuned.

Regards,
Luke

SkeE

Love the app, but ... With pre-paid data plans, it would be more useful to show the usage as Mega-Bytes, rather than how much Dollars is left ... Unless you want to include a calculator for us to work it out ourselves.
Shadowhawk

Issue List

Device : iPad (3rd Gen) Wifi Only, I have a separate Telstra mobile and landline account.

I was unable to log into to my Account on the initial screen. I had to skip all the initial screens and try again within the Settings-> Manage Services screen.

App is functional and looks good, but feels like there's too many touches required to get to data usage screens.

Connecting via a 3rd party app like Consume or Quota to scrap the data still seems quicker and more convenient.

Bill History graph. This is nicely detailed but it's a bit confusing having to click on the numbe to get the expanded details. You would think clicking on the - or + symbol would be enough.

Find a store

The locations of some the Telstra Store pins seems to be off. ie It was showing the Toombul store in Northgate.

Hope some of this feedback helps Smiley Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Issue List

Hi Shadowhawk,

Great feedback, thank you very much for sending this through. I will pass on your comments to our design teams for consideration in the next round of improvements

I will check back with my team about the Store Locator, sounds like a strange one but hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

Regards,
Luke
Dallas
Level 2: Rookie

PROBLEM WITH THE TESTRA 24/7 APP... Good job on the app but the data usage is still totally out of date. The app states that it is accurate within 4 hours but this is not correct. In reality the usage information is a few days old. Telstra have admitted to me they they can not accurately monitor data usage and agreed that i will not be required to pay any excess data charges as a result. Once again...nice app but if the data usage information is not correct then it's of no use me.
Ben_F

@Dallas wrote:
PROBLEM WITH THE TESTRA 24/7 APP... Good job on the app but the data usage is still totally out of date. The app states that it is accurate within 4 hours but this is not correct. In reality the usage information is a few days old. Telstra have admitted to me they they can not accurately monitor data usage and agreed that i will not be required to pay any excess data charges as a result. Once again...nice app but if the data usage information is not correct then it's of no use me.

FYI - Posting the same thing 3 different times in 24 hours will not fix your issue (Yeah, I get email notifications, and I've got three from you in the last day with the same text).

Couple of Questions - Do you have a 10 digit or 13 digit account number? Is your usage correct on the Mobile Usage Meter on MyAccount? 

I'm currently having about a day or 2 delay with usage, however a nice warning appears up the top that says: 

Usage data may be more than 24 hours old
The 80% and 100% SMS messages that ARE sent should be pretty well spot on btw, so you should be able to identify when you have gone over.
B.

New Users - Click Here!

Dallas
Level 2: Rookie

Ben Thanks for the reply and sorry for the duplicate post I have been trying to get answers for a couple of months now and getting frustrated. Good on you for helping people on your own time even though you don't work for telstra. I have. 13 digit account number. My usage on my account is wrong. It is only showing 165MB but should be around 600MB as I have been using a lot of 3G in the last 3 days. The usage on my account has not changed in the last 3 days. In relation to the data warning SMS because I have an iPad I don't get the SMS. Interesting that your data usage is a couple days behind as well. When telstra admitted to me that the data usage was a few days behind and not the 4-6 hours as stated on the my usage web site they told me that I would not get charged any excess until they fixed this problem. I suggested that they change the web site so that customers know that it was not as accurate as it claim but they said they were not worried about doing that as this new 24/7 app was about to be released with an accuracy of 30 minutes. Unfortunately this app has not fixed the problem. Hope the above info makes sense. Appreciate your help. Dallas.
Ben_F

@Dallas wrote:
Ben Thanks for the reply and sorry for the duplicate post I have been trying to get answers for a couple of months now and getting frustrated. Good on you for helping people on your own time even though you don't work for telstra. I have. 13 digit account number. My usage on my account is wrong. It is only showing 165MB but should be around 600MB as I have been using a lot of 3G in the last 3 days. The usage on my account has not changed in the last 3 days. In relation to the data warning SMS because I have an iPad I don't get the SMS. Interesting that your data usage is a couple days behind as well. When telstra admitted to me that the data usage was a few days behind and not the 4-6 hours as stated on the my usage web site they told me that I would not get charged any excess until they fixed this problem. I suggested that they change the web site so that customers know that it was not as accurate as it claim but they said they were not worried about doing that as this new 24/7 app was about to be released with an accuracy of 30 minutes. Unfortunately this app has not fixed the problem. Hope the above info makes sense. Appreciate your help. Dallas.

Not sure what your website says, but when I go to https://es.telstra.com/MobileDataUsageMeter/index.jsp on my PC I can request notification via email of my data limits. This may be a better option for you in the interim?

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Peted

I have just downloaded the app to use with my Pre-paid iPad, I have the 12 month/12gig plan, wifi turned off, but I just get the message "unable to automatically obtain details about this serivice associated with this ipad".....and I get the same message no matter how many times I press retry!
Peted

Just tried again this evening and it has worked first time!
Ben_F

@Peted wrote:
Just tried again this evening and it has worked first time!

Woo Hoo!!

New Users - Click Here!

SkeE

Just wondering if Telstra is going to fix the usage information for pre-paid data info on the data plans - no point telling us about how much $ credit we have if it is data only .... (this is info provided by the ipad app)

Bernadetha

Hello I just downloaded tlestra 24 x 7 app on my ipad But i couldnt connect to service eventhough i have turned off my wifi and restart my ipad. Could you please advise what should I do to get this working? Thank you
garrymcg

Re: "unable to automatically obtain details about this serivice associated with this ipad"

I'm having the same issue.  It's been a problem on and off over the past couple of weeks (and yes... WiFi was off).

Previously I've been able to overcome it by switching to Flight Mode and back again and/or closing/reopening the app or on some occasions just powering down and restarting the iPad entirely.  However, this evening nothing works although my account is signed in and I can see my other (Prepaid) services in "My services". 

The "This device" number is missing and I get the error above when I go to "Settings" then "Manage services".

I also cleared cache and cookies (just in case) but that had ne effect either.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi SkeE,

Thanks for the feedback.

Please keep an eye out for this improvement in our next planned release of the Telstra 24x7 for iPad app.

Thanks,
Luke

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Ben_F wrote:

@Luke_M wrote:
Hi Ben,

Cheers,
Luke

Good show. As has already been mentioned, an iPad version of CrowdSupport (doesn't need to have HTML, just needs to work with paragraphs) would be great Smiley Happy

B.

Hi Ben,

Did you manage to get a look at the updated verison of the iPhone app? What did you think?

For all our customers out there who aren't involved in the iPhone beta, the app is very close to launching now. We can't wait to share it with you.

Regards,
Luke 

Ben_F

Hi Luke,

I've played around with it, it's a good 1.0 but I can see it needing a bit of work, still crashes on some pages and a bit slow loading account data.

But it's the best online effort I've seen from Telstra on a mobile device ever!

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the feedback. We will be sending an updated version of the app out on the week commencing 18th June. We are currently testing this version - I am happy to report that the speeds are significantly quicker and the app hasn't crashed once.

Regards,
Luke
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Bernadetha and garrymcg,

Sorry that I have missed replying to your posts.

We acutally made a fix today which we believe may fix the problems you have reported.

Can you please retry and let me know how you go?

Thanks,
Luke
rexster
Level 3: Gumshoe

I downloaded the app on my iPad. I logged into my cable broadband account and had no services. Went to web telstra my account and it said there were no services attached to my account. Went to add services and i repeatedly got the error page. I thought the app was so you could look at multiple services. I have prepaid wireless, cable broadband and three mobiles with telstra is there some easy way to set up so I can see all my stuff or do I misunderstand what this app does.
Ben_F

If you login to http://my.telstra.com.au from a PC and login with your cable details, do you see any accounts?

Can you confirm if your account number is 13 digits or 10 digits? A 10 digit account number doesn't work with the iPad app AFAIK.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

rexster
Level 3: Gumshoe

I tried it again recently and it was all working with all of my accounts picked up.  Good app, very happy to be able to see everything in the one place

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now