CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Telstra 24x7 app for Android version 10.0.0 - Widget not refreshing

Answered

Hi all,

We have heard a few reports of users experiencing issues with the widget on the latest version of Android.  We have been able to identify the potential problem however would like to work with anyone experiencing any kind of widget refresh issue to ensure we are covering off all bases for the fix.

If you are experiencing the issue could you please comment in this post with the following information:

1. How many Telstra 24x7 app widgets are you using on your homescreen?

2. Which service are you having issues with?

• The service you are using in the device with 24x7 app installed
  • Another service
  • both of these (please list)

3. Is your service a Personal, Small Business or Company (Enterprise) service?

4. If you can share screenshots of the issue that would be ideal (Please ensure you black out any personal information first).

Thank you.  with your help I look forward to fixing any issues that you may be experiencing.

Cheers

Duncan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra 24x7 app for Android version 10.0.0 - Widget not refreshing

Thank you all for your feedback.

The app is now live and can be obtained from the Google Play store at:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telstra.mobile.android.mytelstra&hl=en

If you left feedback in the store relating to the widget I encourage you to refresh that feedback outlining your experience after upgrade.

Thank you all for your support in helping us get to the bottom of this one and for your patience while we worked through to the solution.

Cheers

DC

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
29 REPLIES 29
yesguy
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Duncan,

1. One

2. The service I am using in the device with 24x7 app installed (mobile phone)

3. Personal

4. Sorry no screenshots, but widget gives message "Unable to display your usage details at this time. Please try again in a few minutes". I hit the refresh icon and it has been spinning for 20 minutes.

Other info -I am connected to wifi most of the time, but even when on 3G or LTE the problem persists in the same way. Sometimes the widget does refresh and I can see the usage details, then a couple of hours later it will show the error message again.

The app itself usually works for recharging, but more recently I get the same error message as on the widget when trying to view usage details within the app. Refreshing the app usually works within a few seconds.

Cheers,

Guy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reply Guy, I have directed our development team to this thread also to gain further information and to join the conversation.

Cheers

DaftHunk

I have the same issue as Guy (same settings) along with all the other recent reviews on the play store Smiley Happy

Pelican1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Same as the above posts for me too on Moto G LTE running KitKat 4.4.4 with prepaid and on wife's S4 running KitKat 4.4.2 on a plan

Cheers Brian

Pelican1

Any update on this issue?

Cheers Brian
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Pelican1,

I have sent Duncan an email advising of your request for an update. He will update the post when he has further information.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Pelican1

OK, thanks Dingo

Cheers Brian

webologist
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi,

I've been having this issue for a while.

Works fine when not on WiFi, but when on WiFi  the widget diplays the "Unable to display your usage details at this time' error.

Clicking the refresh button on the widget  on WiFi  will try and refresh the widget but it will fail and still display the message.

Opening up the 24 x 7 app and then closing it will correctly update the widget on WiFi

Otherwise dissconecting from WiFi anb hitting the refresh button will update the widget.

But after an hour or so on WiFi the widget will stop displaying usage details

I've deleted the app, deleted all the data files, rebooted phone, reinstalled app - same issue.

1. How many Telstra 24x7 app widgets are you using on your homescreen?

Just the 1

2. Which service are you having issues with?

• The service you are using in the device with 24x7 app installed
  • Post paid Telstra Galaxy S4

3. Is your service a Personal, Small Business or Company (Enterprise) service?

Personal

4. If you can share screenshots of the issue that would be ideal (Please ensure you black out any personal information first).

Done!

I am using the beta versionof the 24 x 7 app  for the ID+ trial, but have had this isse for a at least a few months on the normal release version too.

Screenshot_2015-01-26-23-36-00.png

Pelican1

The new version 10.0.1 is still the same, no improvement

Starting to get a bit tiring now

The version prior to 10.0.0. worked fine.  Why can't Telstra "undo" whatever they did in the latest version to get it working again.  How hard can it be?

Cheers Brian

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Guys, Apologies for the delay in getting back to this post. I am working with the IT team on a fix for this issue and I appreciate the feedback and patience you guys have shown.

I would like to invite you all to test this fix once it is available before we submit it to the app store for everyone. Unfortunately I cannot offer an ETA at this stage but stay tuned for more.

Cheers

Duncan

ilobo
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi,

I agree with the analysis already provided in this thread regarding the widget. However, I have noticed the issue with the widget since the v9 beta application, and it is still present in the id+ beta version of the app.

Slight left field question - is this only affecting samsung devices? My samsung phone and tablet do have the problem, and I notice that the screenshots provided are of a samsung device. Coincidence?

Pelican1

I have a Moto G 4G and it also has this issue so it's not unique to Samsumg
AdamZ
Level 2: Rookie

Got the same issue with the 24x7 widget. Brand new Galaxy S5 on a 24 month personal contract. Works sometimes, mostly it doesn’t and I have to tap the widget refresh symbol and which point it will then work.

While I am here, ill mention some possible upgrades that would be good in the app:

- Show used/total for plan with the % used + a bar graph like the data display.
i.e. - $450/$700 - 50% used (instead of just a dollar value)

- Show a brief display of inclusions under this section eg:
$700 calls, unlimited SMS, 2.5 GB data, unlimited messagebank

- Split out any charges not covered in the plan, like Premium SMS, international calls (if not included on the plan) and purchases in a section called perhaps "extra spend" so it is clear what extra will be billed. I understand this is just shown as part of “Recent Activities”

- Include a notification alert when data and or call limit is close and when reached plus also any extra spend incurred so you one can be warned.

- Different sized widgets / display options

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great Post Adam, Thanks for the feedback

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello Guys and Gals,

We now have a new version of the Telstra 24x7 app in a pre-release beta which I would like to share with you all to see if your issue is resolved.  We have already been able to successfully confirm a fix for a few cases but I would like to hear from you either way.

Download the app from  this link.

Things to note:

• You will need to enable Unknown sources in order to install the app.
  • For our pre-release betas we use a service called HockeyApp to distribute the app.
  • This app is not supported by normal support channels it is suggested that should you face any issues that you uninstall and get the official version from the play store.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Duncan

Pelican1

Have had this beta version on my phone for nearly 24 hours and the issues, in my case at least, appear to be solved. Moto G LTE with KitKat 4.4.4
Cheers Brian
webologist

Thanks. Just installed it. Will let you know how I go.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for responding Brian, Greatly appreciated

webologist

All fixed at my end too. S4 I9505 and partners S5
Pelican1

All good on partner's S4 with KitKat 4.4.2 as well

Cheers Brian

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Thank you all for your feedback.

The app is now live and can be obtained from the Google Play store at:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telstra.mobile.android.mytelstra&hl=en

If you left feedback in the store relating to the widget I encourage you to refresh that feedback outlining your experience after upgrade.

Thank you all for your support in helping us get to the bottom of this one and for your patience while we worked through to the solution.

Cheers

DC

Pelican1

This problem of the widget not refreshing that was fixed in version 11.0.0.1 has now reappeared in version 12.0.0

I tried to uninstall version 12.0.0 and reload version 11.0.0 to fix the problem but that version is no longer supported and you have to go to version 12.

Please fix this problem again

Moto G 4G and Galaxy S4 both with KitKat

Cheers Brian

webologist

Same here Brian, was working great until the latest update. Samsung Galaxy S4 with KitKat.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you please try backing up your handset and completing a factory reset to see if it helps with this particular issue? I know that this worked for customers previously who had this issue.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

webologist

Hi Matt,

No offence and this isn't directed at you, but it's a pretty poor customer experience when the possible solution to a buggy software release is for the end user to have to go the nuclear option on their device just to make a widget display correctly.

I have deleted the cache, deleted the app data, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it - which hasn't fixed the issue.

I'll wait until there is an update rather than having the huge inconvenience of having to do a factory reset.

It is really dissapointing and frustrating that Telstra struggles so much with their apps and OS updates.

Pelican1

I agree with webologist, you shouldn't have to reset a phone to fix a problem that appeared after an app update.

This same issue was in version 10 and fixed in version 11 without haveing to do a factory reset.

Like webologist I have also cleared the app cache, app data, cache partition, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail

Have a look at all the comments on the Google Play Store about this latest update, do you expect all of them to do a factory reset?

Pelican1

Issue seems to be resolved with 12.0.1 update

Galaxy S4 and Moto G LTE both with KitKat

Cheers Brian

Ap767

I am having similar issue. 24/7 widget continually loading.
Have tried rebooting but no good, only went last week orso.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ap767, 

Have you been able to initially uninstall the app and see how that goes? 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now