CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 24x7 iPhone not working

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 5 and when I use the Telstra 24x7 app. I have never been able to 'skip login' and have my usage details etc be visible without logging in. When the app starts it says 'Detecting services...' for a bit then gives the error "Please log in to My Account to use Telstra 24x7 when you're not connected to Telstra's 3G network." I am on 3G and not using wi-fi. The telstra helpdesk could not help, they just said I need to login and there isn't an error. They clearly didn't know what they were talking about, so hoping someone here can help.

photo.PNG

What I have tried:

various APNs: telstra.wap, telstra.internet, telstra.iph

Deleting and reinstalling the app

Resetting the phone

Turning the phone off and on again (just like in The IT Crowd)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra 24x7 iPhone not working

How about you just create a online account? Nothing will change for you ect. No more worry about this or that. At least then there shouldn't be an issue. Well.... You still be having issues with the counting of quota lag like the rest of us.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted

Thanks Dave,

I can login and that works fine, I should have mentioned that.

It's just annoying that the 'use without logging in' is a feature of the app that is supposed to work and doesn't for me.

My friends who have android apps started bragging at me again today that they could do it and I couldn't, so I decided to ask for help here.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi minty,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you try going to m.bigpond.com and tap on the My Tab.  If you could share what you experience it would be good.  This site uses the same authentication as our app so will help pin point if there is an app side issue or potentially something wrong at the device side. Possibly a sim issue...

Cheers

Duncan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Duncan,

The My Tab on m.bigpond.com gives a similar error. So sounds like a sim issue, right?

photo.PNG

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Yea could be SIM or potentially even something wrong at the service level.

I'd suggest calling tech support and tell them about this scenario also.  It should make it more clear to them that it is a service  or USIM issue.  From there they may be able to work some magic to fix it on the spot otherwise suggest changing Sim.  They may send you a new one or ask you to go to a store.

Cheers

Duncan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi I had the same problems. All you need to do is turn off WiFi, mine is now working.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit