Highlighted
davemu
Level 2: Rookie

contact details

when you log into yr account, a box prompts you to add another email address in case your account is locked..... but if you enter an email address here, ALL future correspondence from Telstra is directed to this alternate email address, except your bill which still goes to your main email address...the alternate email address even appears in your Contact Details section of Telstra24/7 and will NOT allow you to correct it to your main email address , it even gives you an error message to say that you cannot use an email address with bigpond.com ……. why does Telstra correspondence go to this alternate email address, not your main address, like your bill does?????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: contact details

Hi davemu,

Please live chat with us at this link https://tel.st/9zb9y and our chat team will look into these details further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

davemu
Level 2: Rookie

Re: contact details

I have been on the chat site THREE TIMES...the first 2 attempts to get this problem fixed were useless....but finally on the third attempt, someone was able to remove my second/alternate email address so that ALL correspondence went to my main email address...every time I log in now, I just cancel the option to add additional email address and everything is back to normal...

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now