CrowdSupport®
bulldogs195461
Level 4: Private Eye

nexus 7 data usage

ive got the nexus 7 tablet,its on a testra post paid plan and i get 1gb and telstra put the sim card in ,ive downloaded the 24/7 app ,plus telstra one to check my data usage as i recently went over bigtime,but i cant get these apps to recognize my device,plan.ive uninstalled plus reinstalled ,yes ive turned off my wi-fi its so frustraing,any ideas please.john

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Re: nexus 7 data usage

That's a strange one John.

I and a number of others were recently apart to trialling the up-graded 24/7 app for android and most of the bugs were found and ironed out prior to public release.

I can't say that I remember anyone having any major problems with it and certainly since the public release i't seems to have been performing well for everyone.

You seem to have gone through all the motions to correct the situation that I would have recommended, however I'd suggest that you send up PM to  Telstra Products & Services Team dcrowell  , Duncan seems to be right on top of the 24/7 app and I know he would want to know about your experience and try to assist .

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

HI John,

Thanks for reaching out.  As Dean mentions it seems you have tried the basic troubleshooting already and are having no joy.  

When you say you can't get the apps to detect your plan what exactly are you seeing the apps do?  Are they not loading up at all? Are they displaying any kind of error message.

If your apps are not loading up at all could you check your APN settings in your device. We have found some stores are setting up tablets with the incorrect APN settings.

1. On your Nexus 7 go to Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

2. There should be an APN called Telstra Internet (or could be called something different which has a selection box next to it.

3. Tap on this item.

4. Check the name.  It should be set to telstra.wap.  If it is not tap on it to change it. (We have seen alot of store setting this up as telstra.internet)

5. Tap ok then back right out to your homescreen.

6. To be sure turn your phone on and off to reset your network. (or turn airplane mode on then off)

7. Open Telstra 24x7.

Let us know if this works.  Otherwise happy to work further with you.

Kind Regards

Duncan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

bulldogs195461
Level 4: Private Eye

wow,that simple,yes many many thanks now working ,cheers john

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear.

Thanks for letting us know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now