CrowdSupport®
Daniel8881
Level 2: Rookie

Connect back with the customer

When is Telstra going to connect back to the customer. How can a company act this way and be so arrogant towards the people. 

There is not one time that I try to do something with telstra or call them that I don't get frustrated. 

It goes from promises with plans that aren't fullfilled without an argument (3hrs or more on the phone multiple times), trying to change a card number for prepaid auto top up (can't do unless I top up with more money even though it's not needed) to the 24/7 chat that never ever works. These are only some examples.

I have just received a new card from my bank and have to change the details with every company that I use direct debit with. I have had not one problem until of course I get to Telstra. 1 1/2 hrs later and the problemstill is not fixed.

Telstra you are a multi billion dollar company that could be an excellent service but choose to ignore everything that your customer is trying to tell you. You don't care because the money keeps rolling in for you. You are a service that is needed by the public but insted of making life easy for the public you make it incredibly difficult for all that try to do these simple tasks.

People have lives that they need to run. They shouldn't be needing to set asside a whole day to deal with you. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Daniel8881

Re: Connect back with the customer

Ok so again today I rang Telstra after trying what they told me to do to change my card details and that not working. I was very pleasant. I asked how we can get these problems fixed, who can I talk to? I waited half an hour on hold and I kept hearing them take me off hold then back on. After the half hour the music stopped then I was disconnected about 20 seconds later. The outcome for me is that I need to wait until we need to rechrge the phone again and change the details of the card then. I bet it won't be that simple.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Daniel8881,  I am sorry you are having such difficulty. May I ask if you have checked out the details on how to change the DD details on your account. You can do so via https://tel.st/zypq8 Selecting a Fixed DD type should provide you with the ability to select a fixed amount. 

Please let me know if this is successful. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Daniel8881

Thank you but this is for post pay. The one I want to change is pre pay

Support Team
Support Team

I am sorry about that. Now you should still be able to do this via your MyAccount but you will need to remove the current card and enter a new one.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Daniel8881

I have removed the old one but there is no where to add the new one unless I get more credit again which I'm not willing to do as we have just topped up. 

Support Team
Support Team

I would suggest placing a reminder on your phone perhaps for when the current top up will expire and then adding the card. This shall mean that you are able to add the new card but still be using the credit you have just applied.

Does this help Daniel8881

Daniel8881

Thank you,

Still doesn't chang my opinion in the original post though. I thank you for your help though. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I understand what you are saying and thank you for being patient and getting back to me. Please keep me posted if you don't mind. - Jo

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now