CrowdSupport®
BaileyR24
Level 1: Cadet

Content of deleted sms

Answered
Hello

Im needing a copy of the content of text messages to one particular number that have been deleted from my phone for a number of months. The message thread that I need started in May 2018

I need it for a court case and have already been told that Telstra only record the date and time of the messages and not the content. However it has been said on previous threads that when requested by police that this information is available.

I was just wondering if anyone has been able to obtain this information themselves and how they did it?

I've tried all of the software that supposedly recovers the deleted messages from my phone without luck..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Content of deleted sms

Hi @BaileyR24

Thanks for reaching out regarding retrieving sms data for legal reasons and I am sorry that you have had no luck.

We regrettably do not have an option of retrieving mobile data such as calls or sms from our systems. Any retrieval would have to take place from a self managed service such as iCloud or Evernote. Any data would have had to be backed up there in the past to be retrieved.

I recommend you have a read through the following page which outlines our legal obligations when providing information: 

https://tel.st/29yqy

Thanks for your time and please do reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Content of deleted sms

Hi @BaileyR24

Thanks for reaching out regarding retrieving sms data for legal reasons and I am sorry that you have had no luck.

We regrettably do not have an option of retrieving mobile data such as calls or sms from our systems. Any retrieval would have to take place from a self managed service such as iCloud or Evernote. Any data would have had to be backed up there in the past to be retrieved.

I recommend you have a read through the following page which outlines our legal obligations when providing information: 

https://tel.st/29yqy

Thanks for your time and please do reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now