CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
SydneyLady
Level 5: Eagle Eye

How To Unlock my mobile from the network

Answered

Is there an easy way to unlock my Telstra T96 mobile. I am on a mobile member 30 plan,so is not prepaid.

Live chat told me to enter #06# but I get a message 'requested service unknown' Their only suggestion then was to visit a Telstra store or ring  1800912852 who disconnected after operator went to get information (I think) I held on for 20mins then gave up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyLady
Accepted Solution

Re: How To Unlock my mobile from the network

SOLVED

Info below for anyone with a Telstra T96 mobile.

I rang the Telstra shop in Hurstville and spoke to Peta. She told me to remove the battery and hey presto, there was the IMEI code that I needed for her to give me the unlock code, All I then had to do was go into settings, security, Network unlock, and enter the code.  Phone is now unlocked. Yippee.

Not impressed that Live chat could not have given me this information. More training perhaps ?

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 25: The Singularity

Dial *#06# on your phone and write down the number. This is the IMEI number of your handset (the handset is a prepaid even though your plan is not - so it is network locked).

Then call 1258880 and they will assist in getting the phone network unlocked.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SydneyLady

Hi Jupiter, You missed reading all my post where I said I tried this and it does not recognise the command

SydneyLady

also I dont have a smart phone, it is a Telstra T96 so not sure why mods moved me to this Android board ?
SydneyLady
Accepted Solution

SOLVED

Info below for anyone with a Telstra T96 mobile.

I rang the Telstra shop in Hurstville and spoke to Peta. She told me to remove the battery and hey presto, there was the IMEI code that I needed for her to give me the unlock code, All I then had to do was go into settings, security, Network unlock, and enter the code.  Phone is now unlocked. Yippee.

Not impressed that Live chat could not have given me this information. More training perhaps ?

View solution in original post

And you misread mine. If you remember to put the asterisk in front of the first hash, then it works. It is Asterisk Hash Zero Six Hash *#06#

Used to work on ancient Nokias (waaaay before smart phones were around) too.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SydneyLady

Thanks, Jupiter,  oops, I did not notice the asterisk, sorry.. Still it was easy to read on the phone itself once I removed the battery. Handy to know.

annierich
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the help, yes and if only the guy at the Telstra shop had provided that information I would have solved the problem a lot quicker.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit