CrowdSupport®
Jamesperth
Level 2: Rookie

Huawei texts only now

Answered

Nothing wrong with the phone, it stopped making and receiving calls about a year ago, it still does txt's and internet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Huawei texts only now

What model Huawei phone is it?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

What model Huawei phone is it?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jamesperth

Gr5 gold
Jamesperth

New here, did you see my reply gr5 Jupiter?

Depending on where you bought it, it may not have access to the 3G (UMTS 850MHz) network.
Try forcing it on to 3G only, and if it stops working completely, then it is a unit that only works on the 900 & 2100MHz band (typically the model sold by Optus).
Jamesperth

Yeah I tried that and it stopped all network ability. I didn't get it from Optus, was unlock jb hifi purchase, I'm in Perth and it's a 4g area. Is there anything I can do or is it time for a new phone?
Cheers Jupiter, p.s. you have a great knowledge of phone Tec, I'm in IT and Google cleaner and yet your the first time I've received a decent answer about this. Good skills bro

It would be odd for JB HiFi to sell a model that doesn't work on the Telstra network.
Before getting a new phone, I would suggest popping in to a Telstra Store and getting your SIM swapped for a new one just to make sure that the SIM isn't faulty. Ask them to reset the network settings on the phone for you as well as a triple check.

If a new SIM and network settings reset doesn't fix the problem, then it is time for a new phone.
Highlighted
Jamesperth

Cheers mate, good advice

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now