CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile not receiving calls from, Optus after porting from Optus

Hi,

The day after porting my number from Optus I stopped receiving calls from Optus, not sure of over carriers - Telstra mobile and Telstra landline calls are getting through. I can receive texts from Optus - just not calls.

The problem is logged with Telstra, but nothing has happened now, it's the 3rd day.

Any ideas on where to start? Work communication is getting awkward - people can text, so I can call back.

I was told the support is 24/7, so I've just been requesting a reply call from the follow-up notification email from Telstra.

Would Optus have anything to do with it? The calls from Optus did come through on the first day, then stopped.

I transferred the number on the 10/7/18 10 am. It took less than 5 minutes for the new SIM to work. Optus calls stopped coming through on the 12th, it's now the 14th.

Cheers,

Ross

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Mobile not receiving calls from, Optus after porting from Optus

Issue could be on Optus's end with how they are routing optus numbers to you.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Mobile not receiving calls from, Optus after porting from Optus

Sunday morning 15/7/18

Issue resolved. 

Woo hoo, I'm getting calls from optus now.

Thanks Telstra. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit