CrowdSupport®
Kdoo
Level 3: Gumshoe

No VoLTE for Prepaid?

I just have been told by Telstra technical team that VoLTE is not available to Prepaid customers, epitome of customer partiality.

This is something not expected from Australia's so called best network.

No where on Telstra website or on my prepaid sim kit says that You wont be able to use VoLTE on prepaid service.

Surely Telstra not recommended  this will be my first and last port in to Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: No VoLTE for Prepaid?

VOLTE is available to all Telstra mobile customers both prepaid and post paid. For it to work you need a compatible phone and for it to be enable in your account. What model phone do you have? Not all mobiles support VOLTE and not all of those phones support Telstra VOLTE.

Level 22: Superhuman

Hi Kdoo,

You've been told incorrect information.

I'm on the Pre-Paid Max plan and I have VoLTE working on my mobile phone.

Do you have a compatible mobile phone?

https://www.telstra.com.au/coverage-networks/mobile-technology

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Kdoo

I am using Asus Zenfone Max pro M2 with VoLTE (i know and it was working).

How can I get complete list of compatible devices.

Kdoo

What phone are you using?

I'm using a Samsung Note 9, from Telstra.

It also worked on my previous mobile which was a Samsung Galaxy S8, from Telstra.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Have you asked Telstra support if VoLTE has been activated on your Pre-Paid service at their end?

Kdoo

yes, They are not sure whats wrong. I visited telstra store they replaced my SIM and checked on different devices still is not working for VOLTE

Kdoo

Yes they say it is enabled. Telstra store person replaced my SIM hec checked my old and new SIm cards in his own phone and its was not working.

however VoLTE was showing on his phone on his Postpaid number which is Normal

Presuming it points to a Telstra technical issue peculiar to your service, it should be upgraded to a Level 2 technical support issue. These sort of instances are often a "tick in a box" for default settings,  which a higher level of "technician" can do.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

I agree with @ProfessorPhone , sounds like there's a misalignment with your Account....which does happen occasionally.

I'd be ringing 132200 and say Mobile Faults. Tell them you think there could be a misalignment with your Account.

Obviously there's something wrong if your Pre-Paid Sim's wouldn't show VoLTE on the Telstra employees mobile but his Post Paid Sim did.

If it's not at Telstra's end it could be something wrong with the other provider you ported from ( if I read your first post correctly, that you ported your number from another provider) not doing something correctly.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now