CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 12: Master Detective

Nokia 808 PureView - with a 41MP Camera!

Yep, you read that right - Nokia have announced the upcoming availability of a smartphone with a whopping 41MP camera!

I have no idea what the "Nokia Belle OS" is (I've never even heard of it until now!), but this smartphone is an absolute monster and I've gotta be honest, even I'd be tempted to give Sony a miss if this baby came out on Telstra... I mean, it's 41-frigging-megapixels!

So, any chance we'll see this appear within the walls on the local T-Life store this year?

Here's the original CNet Australia article:

http://goo.gl/cFQLA

And here's the GSMArena entry for the spec-heads:

http://goo.gl/XGcRm

Edit: Apparently "Nokia Belle OS" is the latest version of what was once known as "Symbian OS":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbian#Version_history 

NEVER post personal or sensitive information in these forums (or ANY forums, for that matter!), not even in response to Telstra staff - this includes (among other things) telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, PINs or passwords, serial numbers, names, account numbers, addresses or birthdates.

If in doubt, don't post the information OR ask the Telstra staff if you should post the information - BEFORE you post the information.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Re: Nokia 808 PureView - with a 41MP Camera!

It wouldn't be a windows phone now would it?
Highlighted

No, according to Wikipedia, "Nokia Belle OS" is the latest version of what was once known as "Symbian OS" (among other things over the years):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbian#Version_history 

NEVER post personal or sensitive information in these forums (or ANY forums, for that matter!), not even in response to Telstra staff - this includes (among other things) telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, PINs or passwords, serial numbers, names, account numbers, addresses or birthdates.

If in doubt, don't post the information OR ask the Telstra staff if you should post the information - BEFORE you post the information.
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

will it have enough memory on board to hold a single photo?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted

Well see, Nokia neglected to mention that users have to carry around a 50TB external hard drive... In a laptop-sized case. lol 

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

It is only 41 megapixel because of software algorithms. There isn't an actual 41 megapixel lense in there, jeez I would hate the see the size of that phone.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

It is an actual 41MP sensor. The resultant photo however will be similar to a 5MP pic in file size, interpolated from the full sensor. Don't confuse photo file size with sensor resolution.

Normally if you zoom a 5MP sensor it simply crops the sensor and you lose resolution. eg at full zoom a 5MP camera may only be using 1MP of area in the centre, then this image is stretched back out for viewing making it grainy.

However with the 808 at full zoom it will crop down to a 5MP area of the sensor.

The whole point of the massive sensor is so that at worst case, being full zoom,  you still have no less than a 5MP sensor. 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

So is there any word if Telstra will have this Symbian phone on contract?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit