CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
AJAY1958
Level 3: Gumshoe

Oppo AX5 Dual Sim Tray ?

Answered

Hi - I have a Telstra PrePaid Oppo AX5 Phone.   BTW its a Great Phone 

I am wanting to use it overseas with a UK Sim for local calls and data and still have my Telstra Sim for Calls & Txt from/to Aust.

Specs say the phone is Dual Sim. Telstra 24/7 Chat Operator confirmed as Dual Sim

However, when I took out the Sim tray I notice that the slot where I assume the 2nd Sim would go is "blanked out" with non removable  plastic (Pic Attached)

There is space for a Micro SD Card but not for a Sim

Am I missing something here ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

sim tray.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Oppo AX5 Dual Sim Tray ?

Hi @AJAY1958

As far as I'm aware, we don't currently sell devices that support dual SIM.

If we do support this in future, I'm sure we would let our customers know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

In some cases Oppo use the TF slot as the dual sim slot, so essentially you get to either use a TF memory card or the second sim. It is also sometimes the case that there is different variants and this variant may not support the use of the second SIM card. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @AJAY1958

We're glad to hear you're happy with your mobile device.

From what I can see, it doesn't mention dual SIM under 'specifications' here 

It mentions dual camera however the device does not support dual SIM.

If there's anything else you need assistance with, please let us know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

AJAY1958

Thanks for the replies.

Disappointing  Smiley Sad 

Perhaps the Telstra Online Chat  people need to brush up on their product knowledge

]See Below

David: is the oppo AX5 a dual sim phone ?
Codi - Virtual Assistant: I'll get you through to someone who can help you with this.
Codi - Virtual Assistant: So I can transfer you, please provide your name.
David: David
Codi - Virtual Assistant: Thanks. I’ll transfer you now.
Christian: 

Hi there. This is Chris. Let me quickly read over your previous chat so you won't need to repeat any information you have already provided. 

Christian:

No worries let me go ahead and  check that for you.

Christian: 

For this I can verify that the device is on dual standby means the device is ob dual SIM.

David: OK Thanks - Is it possible to have a micro SD card as well as two sims
Christian: 

Yes you are right with that.

Christian: 

Great, Have I fully resolved your enquiry today?

David: so just confirming - I can have 2 sims plus a sd card in the same tray ?
Christian: 

Yes you are right with all of that.

Christian: 

The SIM tray of that device is longger than the usual SIM trays.

David: THank you - most helpfull - have a good day

Support Team
Support Team

It's disappointing to hear you were advised otherwise & am sorry for any confusion caused by the chat @AJAY1958 

Hope that's helped clarify & feel free to let us know if you have questions in future.

AJAY1958

Thanks Again  …...

Are you able to confirm if the Telstra Pre Paid Samsung Galaxy A20 is a dual sim phone  ?

Im staring to wonder if Telstra sell limited or different spec phones on the prepaid market for some reason 

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @AJAY1958

As far as I'm aware, we don't currently sell devices that support dual SIM.

If we do support this in future, I'm sure we would let our customers know.

AJAY1958

Thanks - that clears it up Smiley Happy

I note Samsung A20 is available at some Aust retailers and is quoted as a Dual Sim phone so perhaps Telstra do sell limited spec phones for some reason.

"I am wanting to use it overseas with a UK Sim for local calls and data and still have my Telstra Sim for Calls & Txt from/to Aust"

I can use my unlocked Oppo with a UK sim and put my Telstra sim in my old Samsung and just check it daily 

Thanks again for info 

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Just note that all Dual-SIM phones that I have seen in the past few years do not have a separate SD card slot. You can either use an SD card or a second SIM, not both at the same time.

Samsung models that have a Dual SIM, usually have a Single SIM variant as well. So you need to confirm by the model number as to which you have (Dual SIM models usually have a D on the end - eg SM-A205FN {Single SIM A20} or SM-A205DS {Dual SIM A20}).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

Telstra (and some of the time Optus and VF) order their stock for single sim operation.

Some of the suppliers who sell direct or large resellers obtain generic (not network specific) stock which often is dual sim eg Samsung etc.

For example, if you buy Samsung from their Experience stores or Samsung Australia online, you will get a generic phone which often is dual sim. If you get a network specific phone example only Samsung, it will be single sim.

Some big retailers, eg JB HiFi, who are senior Telstra dealers, have both Telstra stock for Telstra contracts,   and generic stock for other customers.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now