cofl
Level 2: Rookie

Oppo R15 Pro dual sim not working

I have an Oppo R15 Pro bought through Telstra.

The dual sim does not show dual sims when 2 are inserted.

On your web site it states the phone is dual sim and gives instructions how to set it up.

I went in store and was told it is not dual sim, even though has physical dual slot.

This is a feature i got the phone for.

Frustrated and annoyed as don't know if it should have the feature, or it's not working.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Oppo R15 Pro dual sim not working

I have just read the Telstra description and to the best of my reading, dual sim is not even mentioned.
https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/oppo
Are you sure you were reading a website, not a link to Oppo.??
As an analogy, Telstra sells Samsung as single sim and Samsung direct sell a dual SIM operation. Australian mobile networks generally do not sell dual SIM.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Level 25: The Singularity

I would assume that you have checked that both SIMs work?
If you have eliminated a faulty SIM, then the conclusion would be that Slot 2 in your phone is faulty.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Hello cofl
Thank you for the link.
That Is interesting.
In the light of the above, refer to Jupiter's post which seems most probable.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
cofl

Says no sim installed when i put one in the other slot. A microSD card works though in the same slot (dual functionality).
Got me thinking the dual sim is not enabled in the firmware, despite Telstra showing how to use it!
Its frustrating though, i wish i could get a definitive answer from Telstra!

The micro SD and SIM use different contacts in the slot, so it still could be a faulty slot.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

I still believe that the dual sim function has been disabled, as is the case with Samsung phones.
I tend to feel the instructions you provided are some sort of error by Telstra.
It's not beyond the probability that the 2nd sim is in fact faulty??

You could ring Oppo support and try to find out if the stock they supply to Telstra has the 2nd slot disabled for sims,   but possibly customer service may not know.

On Samsung dual SIM phones, the second slot was never disabled. They work fine. It's just that Telstra never sold them.

Samsung provide stock to Telstra where the 2nd slot is disabled.
If you buy it from their website, or get outright Samsung stock from JB hifi both slots work, or if you buy Telstra stock from JB or a Telstra store that stock has 1 slot that works.
It is exactly what I explained
cofl

I contacted Opo support and after providing my phone IMEI number they confirmed it is single sim only, much to my dismay. So it certainly appears they show one thing on their web site yet sell something different. My only option i see now is to try and install different firmware as i am thinking that's all that is stopping the phone form having it's full functionality. UNless you can suggest something else? Thanks for your help.

That's rather odd, because both the R15 and R15 Pro are listed by Oppo, on their Australian website, as being Dual SIM.

You may have a case against them for misrepresentation in that case as they definitely don't have any caveats listed about only being available in certain countries or carriers..

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more