CrowdSupport®
070lis
Level 1: Cadet

Pre paid phone

Answered
Hi just wanting some info on purchasing a mobile phone. My husband needs a 4g phone that takes the standard sim card. He doesn't want to give up his old sim card which he is getting 1 cent txts. Can anyone please tell me which phones still takes the standard sim
Thanks heaps
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre paid phone

I don’t think there are any modern phones that take a standard SIM. Your husband could buy any phone, then go to Telstra store and get a blank SIM that fits programmed with the old SIM’s phone number and account. The phone can be purchased at Telstra store, they have  a wide selection of prepaid phone suitable for the Telstra Network. To future proof the phone get one that supports 4G and VOLTE. The phone come with a preinstalled SIM with $10 of credit, that can’t be reprogrammed but you can insert a blank SIM and throw away the pre installed SIM.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

I don’t think there are any modern phones that take a standard SIM. Your husband could buy any phone, then go to Telstra store and get a blank SIM that fits programmed with the old SIM’s phone number and account. The phone can be purchased at Telstra store, they have  a wide selection of prepaid phone suitable for the Telstra Network. To future proof the phone get one that supports 4G and VOLTE. The phone come with a preinstalled SIM with $10 of credit, that can’t be reprogrammed but you can insert a blank SIM and throw away the pre installed SIM.

Highlighted
070lis
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for that. I'll have to buy online the nearest telstra shop is 8 hrs away.
Thanks for replying

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now