CrowdSupport®
Midac
Level 1: Cadet

Progressive phone brands

It is brands like OnePlus that lead the way. Not Apple. When will you allow features like WiFi Calling to work on these phones?

Kevin Johnson-Bade

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Progressive phone brands

Kevin... as one involved in network testing before retirement, even basic phones require extensive testing before approval.

Many smaller brands offer features, but non visible operation is critical. It would take many paragraphs to detail why major networks limit the number of brands they endorse. But.. there is a good reason as a simple software glitch can cause havoc for a network.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now