Arji
Level 3: Gumshoe

Samsung Note 10+ 5G backorder

I pre-order Samsung Note 10+ 5G on 23 Aug. The color I order was on backorder. I have not received any information from Telstra about the delivery date. Will it take days, weeks or months to arrive?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
28 REPLIES 28
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Samsung Note 10+ 5G backorder

Unfortunately that is a "how long is a piece of string" question. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Arji

Well....such a large organization! Should have some sort of ETA. 

Yang141
Level 4: Private Eye

My back order dated back in August 15th and still waiting without any updates if it provides you with any condolences. I ordered the white 5G note 10 plus model.

Arji

I ordered the same as you 😔

opgmers
Level 2: Rookie

I ordered mine Note 10 Plus 5G Black model on the 9th but still on back order.

Wrong organisation to be asking. You need to be asking Samsung when they will be delivering the next batch.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Arji

If I correctly remember I placed order with Telstra not Samsung 😀

Yes, but Samsung manufacture them and know when they are going to make shipments to Telstra. Telstra find out very late in the process, there is generally not a lot of notice given as to when the shipments are made.

Arji

I have just checked with Samsung. There is no ETA and they have no clue when they will know about the availability. 

Slarti

I pre-ordered on the 19th August. Was originally going to go with Optus but they informed availability wasn't until 23rd Sept so I went with Telstra who said 3-5 days.  Now my phone is on backorder like everyone else and I'm guessing it will be at least 3 weeks until stock arrives.

Arji

Still no update or even a courtesy email from Telstra.  "Great customer service" !

mikey1999
Level 1: Cadet

the best thing you can do is cancel it and go to the store where its available.

Ebonymom
Level 5: Eagle Eye

It seems that Optus gave you realistic ETA up front at least. I chatted Samsung rep in the Samsung shop and they said 3rd week, which is this week but I think 23rd will be more realistic. 

From Samsung Facebook page, one of Topfan (he is with Optus), and he mentioned that this particular model that we ordered (Note 10 + 5g with 512 GB) is in high demand and will be released from 20th September. I asked him where he found the information, and his Optus rep advised him so. 

Ebonymom

I ordered exactly same in the other color as they said black is more popular, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. 

@Yang141I think that the realistic release date will be from 23rd..... of September. 

Freckles-1

I symphasize with you,,,, I honestly do,,, however this bunch of morons are the worse telecommunication company on the Planet.....They have no clue about customer satisfaction and moral ethics,,,,,matter of fact Telstra have no clue about anything......These mongrels have kept me waiting 23 days to get my phone connected to my new unit I moved into and I had to again move to another unit and again I was kept waiting,,, this time for 18 days,,,which is so much  of a better improvement than waiting 23 days...'''' NOT ''''

.I moved my phone over to T.P.G.  and everything was completed in 2 days  ((( 2  DAYS  ))  NOT  23  DAYS     I am so more relaxed and calm now after having to deal with TELSTRA no more..Unfortunately for me I dealt with TELSTRA for over 18 years and not ever did one year pass when I had to contact them about some problem....Oooops!,,I meant to say that there was one year I did not have to complain about anything so I guess 1 year out of 18 years is good,,,, NOT.

My doctor says my blood pressure is finally now stable due to me getting rid of TELSTRA and I don't have to take any more medication for my stress..If you can get rid of TELSTRA and go elsewhere,,,you will feel so much better for the move,,,,believe me.

opgmers

It is funny that preorder customers have to wait for months to get the handset without any type of ETA and sincere apology or even delay notification.

They didn't apologize me until I reached them.

Yang141

That was my guess as well, thank you. I am just upset about the fact that no one from Telstra can provide the customers with a genuine answer to a legitimate question. And no updates, how difficult can it be. I am for one don’t mind to wait, since Telstra offer a reasonable deal, but it is just frustrating.

Ebonymom

yes... Now it came to the point.. .not funny.. and very weary about whole waiting, and I just read the post on this forum from other Telstra customers who cannot port their no to Telstra and some said on this forum it is taking longer than 3 weeks... I am very worried and concerned already.... 

Ebonymom

yes.. Now I am worried that they will put me the bottom of allocation for writing so much on this forum.... hahaha (not funny though....) as well as the reported issues by other customers about porting their prepaid no to Telstra (taking 2- 3 weeks).. 

I don't understand how this is possible as it took one day (3 hours to be precise) for me to port my Vodafone no to Kogan.... 

Yang141

When I was trying to place my order and together with porting my Boost number to Telstra, I was told I couldn’t do it. So I had to switch from Boost prepaid to Telstra prepaid first, then do the preorder together with switching from prepaid to a plan. I hope they actually know what they are doing and this will not cause any more delay on top. You can only hope I guess.

Ebonymom

I was told differently. They told me that I can port my existing no to Telstra once I receive new phone with sim card....

Arji

I have checked my order status online which says “Completed”. I also received an email stating my Stay Connected service commences from today. No idea where the phone is ! 

djtown

Same, I just got sent the "plan details on a page" email and looked up the order number from it and its now completed. No email with shipping details of the phone yet. 

From past experience, the shipping details should follow tomorrow. 

Slarti

Ok, so it looks like my phone will get here soon.  Samsung Note 10+ 5G Aura Glow - ordered 19th August.  Have tracking details with StarTrack so should be here by Monday.  

Hope everyone else is getting their phones as well.

djtown

That's exactly what happened, thanks.

Arji

I have just received a message from Telstra. My phone is ready to be picked up from Telstra Shop near me. 

Arji

I have picked up phone this afternoon.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now