Highlighted
Rustynail68
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung S9

Recently purchased an S9 from Telstra Bathurst and was sold a cover without being told it came with a cover in the box. When I tried to return it after they installed it and a screen protector that bubbled up, as they didn't install it properly, they reply, cant do anything for you as it is now secondhand. ???
Just beware as all they are trying to do is up sell to increase commission. Covers are available from ebay and such places for a quarter of what they try and charge you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Samsung S9

@Rustynail68 wrote:
Recently purchased an S9 from Telstra Bathurst and was sold a cover without being told it came with a cover in the box. When I tried to return it after they installed it and a screen protector that bubbled up, as they didn't install it properly, they reply, cant do anything for you as it is now secondhand. ???
Just beware as all they are trying to do is up sell to increase commission. Covers are available from ebay and such places for a quarter of what they try and charge you.

@Rustynail68 I purchased an S9 myself and was happy that Samsung are doing this. At least until you get a chance to order a different one from eBay (As you mentioned). 

From my own personal experiences putting screen protectors on a phone can be a bit of a hit-and-miss. But due the the cost of the phone I decided to upgrade my option and install a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector, but at around $AU60 they are not cheap. Although I found it easier to put on without bubbles than your standard versions.

I also didn't need to turn on the S9 option of extra screen sensitivity for a screen protector so it does its job well.

Sorry you went through the issues you did. I know though you will be very happy with the S9 as Samsung definitely make a high quality product :-)

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Rustynail68
Level 1: Cadet

Yeah I'm happy with the phone just the after service from Telstra Bathurst that I'm pissed about.

@Rustynail68 wrote:
Yeah I'm happy with the phone just the after service from Telstra Bathurst that I'm pissed about.

@Rustynail68 I understand, its not a great outcome from a Telstra store.

If you have to time I would register a complaint against the store at https://tel.st/4amxg

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now