CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
AN14
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE A462 Blade) - Incoming Call Slider gone missing

I Googled this issue for a solution without success.

Seems very basic - before the problem occurred all imcoming calls could be answered by swiping the incoming call slider icon (to the right).

Now for some unknown reason - this slider no longer shows up - instead I constantly get a pop up message to answer or reject the call.

I have checked the ZTE user manual - all it says is...

" - Slide the icon from middle to right to answer the call.

- If you are using another application press the Answer or Reject button displayed at the top

of the screen."

I'm not using another application - not even sure how I could possibly be using another app?

Would be grateful to get a solution that gets me back to the slider icon to answer.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE A462 Blade) - Incoming Call Slider gone missing

I have found that if the screen is locked I get the slider but when screen is unlocked I get the message to answere or reject call.

AN14
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks cf4

This may be a (partial) answer.

My wife has completely given up on this "fickle" smart phone that seems to adjust itself at will!.

I had been trying to help her in getting to grips with how to use it - but too often ended up with "egg" on my face when the smartphone functions operate differently to what the user guide states!!!

As mentioned above the ZTE User Guide states that another application will result in a pop up message to answer an incoming call instead of the slider icon - I have not a clue what "another application" means in this context.   

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@AN14

I think in this context, if you are using another application when receiving a call, (for example, if you are sending an SMS) you won't get the slider icon.

Instead, you should see a pop notification to alert you to an incoming call.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FARQO-71
Level 2: Rookie

Easy fix.

Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > Scroll down to App notifications

Next scroll down to Telephone. It may indicate "Normal". Select this app.

Disable Allow Peeking.

Return to Home Screen.

This will turn off notifications from the top of the screen and you will see the glowing telephone symbol.

Use the slider as required.

Good hunting!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now