CrowdSupport®
Salvo1973
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Oppo AX5 locked

Hello All.

Am From Uruguay, small country in Southamerica, Recently I bought on eBay a cell phone, turns out it's an Oppo AX5, by Telstra. Is not what I supposed to bought, it should been a Oppo R17, but got this one instead but that's the lesser of the problems, the phone is pincode blocked, I cannot access it nor even reset from factory because still ask for the pin code. I tried to contact the guy, but never responded, so I contacted eBay to solve this and they were not able to contact him either, so they gave me a full refound, however I still want to make the phone work, even if is not what I expected I need it. I googled and haven't found a solution, the secret codes stoped to work like #*789*  for phone info an imei, but I still keep the imei number.

I wonder if there's a way to unlock the phone remotely, it does not have sim card.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

BTW I have the screenshot of the ebay transactions, to prove all am saying

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Oppo AX5 locked

If the phone has been reported as stolen to Telstra the device would have been locked and only the legal owner of the phone would be able to request for it to be unlocked.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Salvo1973
Level 1: Cadet

Ok, how do I know if it was reported stolen or not ? 

Its not something I've ever done, this website https://amta.org.au/check-the-status-of-your-handset/ claims to be able to check the status. But I can't guarantee its going to be able to provide you with useful information.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

I'll think the issue you'll find is that the AX5 is a Telstra Prepaid phone.

By default they are carrier locked to only work with Telstra SIM cards.

You can find information on the costs and process involved in getting the unlock PIN at https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/user-guides-help/unlock-your-pre-paid-mo...

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now