Highlighted
GJT1
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Tough Max ZTE T84 Battery Issue

My Telstra Tough Max is 12 months old and has developed the habit of chewing through the battery in half a day in the last month. I have turned off location services, wifi, bluetooth etc and it can still go flat overnight without any use after a full charge. Phone reception has been poor lately and I am suspecting that it is constantly going into network search mode and chewing up the power that way. Battery usage history reflects that with a lot of network dropouts, despite being within 30km of the centre of Newcastle. Any suggestions on what else I could look for?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Tough Max ZTE T84 Battery Issue

Hi GTJ1,

I'd be heading into your nearest Telstra Store and having it sent away under warranty, if you have had it for less than 24 months. Unless it has been physically damaged, in which case it is possible it is drawing more power than it should due to an internal fault. We have a Store Locator you can use to find the nearest store.

A loan phone should be able to be provided in the mean time while the handset is away.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now