CrowdSupport®
Chappy12
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra ZTE 4GX phone will only start up to a pink-blue flashing screen

Am hoping someone may have advice for my problem please: new phone and I wanted to remove the Google search bar but it wouldn't delete or pinch away. I read to disable the app and restart the phone. I couldn't find a specific Google search app but chose one of the Google apps (sorry, don't remember which one), disabled it and turned the phone off fully.

When I turned the phone back on, it only partly restarts. Screens for Android and 4GX appear but then a blank screen coloured pink to blue flashes. And keeps flashing...

Next steps were:

1. Battery removed for about 10 minutes then replaced (didn't fix the problem).

2. Android Recovery viewed.

I would be happy to try the “wipe data/factory reset” in Recovery if I knew I could somehow save my contacts, call history and texts. Everything else can be deleted.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Anne

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now