Owlbrudder
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra ZTE T82 - is there any way to upgrade the o/s to a later version of Android?

Answered

My bank has an app that would simplify many activities I currently cannot do using their web site, but when I tried to install the app, I received the message "This app is not compatible with your device". Sigh. I really don't feel like buying a new phone for one app!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra ZTE T82 - is there any way to upgrade the o/s to a later version of Android?

It looks like that phone is only able to support Android 4 OS.
It doesn't look like it is capable of running any newer versions.
Most banks would require Android 5 or above due to security requirements, I know some require A6 and above.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra ZTE T82 - is there any way to upgrade the o/s to a later version of Android?

It looks like that phone is only able to support Android 4 OS.
It doesn't look like it is capable of running any newer versions.
Most banks would require Android 5 or above due to security requirements, I know some require A6 and above.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more