CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

iPad's new competitor - 10 inch Amazon Kindle?

Amazon's hosting a media event on Sep 6th - most likely release is the 10 inch Amazon Kindle Fire and revamped 7 inch Kindle almost directly competing with the new iPad and (likely) iPad mini.

Not sure how much you can trust the rumors but Apple definitely needs a 7 inch tablet now more than ever. With Nokia, Motorola and the likes have all planned a media event in September, it'd be interesting to observe who get's what in this big fat smartphone/tablet pie!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: iPad's new competitor - 10 inch Amazon Kindle?

These devices, including the Fire, are cool devices. Some of them are even great. That being said, nobody is a real competitor for the iPad at the moment.

Do I think Apple can rest on their laurels forever, no. It'll be interesting. We are buying our 3 oldest tablets for Christmas, and unless something magical happens (both with devices and the ecosystem), they will be iPads.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit